• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Three foods you can't live without

I have a friend doing research for something and she's trying to get as many people as possible to answer one question. What are the three foods you can't live without?

Mine?

peanut butter

chocolate

crab

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Smoked Bacon I just eventually crave a Bacon sandwhich eventually. I can go with out all meat and then....!

Bread freshly cooked be it sourdough or even a normal loaf but it's got to be freshly baked.

It's got to be cheese, nearly said Roquefort but that needs sweet digestives for me so just cheese in any form.

Edited to add

Christ no coffee thats a chefs blood! 3's just not enough

Edited by PassionateChefsDie (log)
Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!

butter is the easiest for me

then chocolate

maybe bread or potatoes but really i want to say cream

am i saying that i could live on ganache alone???

Do you reckon you could live on ganache for the rest off your life then. :laugh:

3's just not enough! :raz: I got stuck I nearly said butter, then olive oil finally going with cheese, I love Valrhona chocolate but stopped because honestly given a choice most times my savoury tooth wins with cheese but then...!

Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!

Lessee ... to judge from recent eating habits, my three would be:

Cheese

Eggs

Meat

Admittedly pretty broad categories, but there you go ...

Time was when I would have sworn up and down that I could not live without either coffee or booze. Well, due to health considerations, both coffee and booze have become once-in-a-blue-moon only treats in my life. But the Big Protein Three march on, and on, and on...

Beef

Coffee

Booze

Pretty much sums up my life. :biggrin:

If coffee and booze don't count, then:

Beef

cheese

potatoes

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Coffee

Butter

Milk.

Mostly milk because I really can't get to sleep without a frost glass of whole milk before bed.

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

Ooh this is tough:

Eggs

Ice cream (or true Italian gelato)

Berries

Not much of a balanced diet, huh?

Well, hell, no diet is balanced with only three choices!

Bread

Eggs

Bacon

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I have a friend doing research for something and she's trying to get as many people as possible to answer one question. What are the three foods you can't live without?

[...]

I'll rephrase that. Here are three foods I would have trouble giving up:

Noodles

Chicken

Sugar

(Not all at the same time.)

I also feel the need for some form of yogurt from time to time.

Michael aka "Pan"

Jeez, this is hard. I guess if I figured it like what I'd really miss not ever having again, it'd slim down to lemons antelope pork (or tomatoes). I am having a hard time with the third.Go back and ask your friend to let us do 5 , ok?

Coffee

Potatoes

currently: Peanut Butter

Deadheads are kinda like people who like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but people who like licorice, *really* like licorice!

-Jerry Garcia