• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seduction cuisine for both sexes

"Cooking and seduction are delicious arts that involve head, hand and heart. Great lovers are inspired by passion, as are great chefs." ~Diane Brown

No matter which sex you may be, at one time or another, have you ever cooked a meal with the inner sense that it would be one of your arsenal of seduction techniques for a possible lover? :rolleyes:

What did you prepare?

How was it received by the intended individual?

Did it go off smoothly or were there problems which arose? (this can be read on all possible levels! :laugh: )

Do you believe that this meal and the intent which it carried brought the intended even closer to you?

Confessions or even personal anecdotes gratefully accepted!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

"Cooking and seduction are delicious arts that involve head, hand and heart. Great lovers are inspired by passion, as are great chefs." ~Diane Brown

No matter which sex you may be, at one time or another, have you ever cooked a meal with the inner sense that it would be one of your arsenal of seduction techniques for a possible lover? :rolleyes:

What did you prepare?

Did it go off smoothly or were there problems which arose? (this can be read on all possible levels! :laugh: )

Do you believe that this meal and the intent which it carried brought the intended even closer to you?

I am a man. This is the underlying reason that we wake up in the morning. :wink:

I prepare every meal that I cook with this in mind. Hell, I even mow the grass with this in mind. Sadly, I am often dissapointed.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Roasted beets, at least when served by a man to a woman is about as sure fire as any food I know. Over the years I've consulted on many a special meal that friends were cooking for their lady friends and I'd only devulge the roasted beet if I felt they were truly ready for the next step. The results were quite astounding.

I've mentioned this before some where else but I have to say that I always find a Chocolate Marquise with raspberries, just wins those women over who are Chocolate lovers over.

I've prepared it many times as a dish to take some where because it's easy to do and has such astounding results I just get bored with it(It never goes out of date though).

I did win one over with a Lamb fillet in a chilled Gazpachio sauce(Why didn't I marry that one?)

Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!

Some years ago, when I was waiting in line at the grocery store, I happened to notice what the woman in front of me had on the conveyor belt.

steak

bottle of wine

head of lettuce

tomato

salad dressing

um...birth control devices

I always wondered if it worked.

I've only unintentionally seduced with food. I cooked what I considered to be a simple meal for he who is now my husband of lasagna, salad, and I think it was strawberries and champagne for dessert. It had unexpected side effects.

I just asked my husband if he remembered that meal, and what was dessert. His response: "You, I think".

Marcia.

edited for typos that only show up after you hit submit

Edited by purplewiz (log)

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted...he lived happily ever after. -- Willy Wonka

eGullet foodblog

I just asked my husband if he remembered that meal, and what was dessert. His response: "You, I think".

Are we married to the same man!? :shock::laugh:

When I hear this comment, with me as the dessert, I kinda wonder whether I am a cream puff (soft & cuddly) or taffy (easy & malleable) or apple pie (American & stereotypical) ...

Roasted beets, at least when served by a man to a woman is about as sure fire as any food I know.
detlechef, I roast beets and have never found them particularly "arousing" so, if I might inquire, are you using some sort of seductive sauce? Serving them in some erotic manner? :rolleyes:

For me, I think it was simply the fact that I did cook that won her over rather than any particular meal. I'm not a great chef, but I can work my way through a recipe and keep the kitchen somewhat clean during the process.

Even today, it's not so much that I cooked anything in particular, but that I planned out the meal, and have it ready (or at least well underway) when "J" comes home from work. A martini as she walks in the door doesn't hurt either.

A.

Wow, this topic brought me back to the very first time I cooked with more than just a meal in mind.

I was 18 years old living in my first apartment ($40 a month) on Mott and Spring Street, in Little Italy. I fell head over heels for a gorgeous woman who was dating this rich preppy guy at my college. When I heard she had broken up with him, I invited her over for dinner. I spent a whole day getting ready. I made eggplant caponata {my landlady's recipe), stuffed mushrooms and a salad. I bought sausage and meatballs at the local salumeria, bread from the bakery downstairs and made my mothers tomato sauce with pasta and even grated the parmesan cheese with an old mouli cheese grater my mother gave me. I also made butterscotch pie with graham craker crust with freshly whipped cream (my favorite dessert from childhood). I served Chianti and dripped candle wax on the bottles afterwards.

Just before she arrived Disaster struck..I broke a mirror while rushing around trying to clean up the place. I took the pieces of mirror and made an elaborate sculpture with candles and flowers.

She was blown away.

Instead of seven years of bad luck... I had seventeen hours of good luck. We spent the next day in very close proximity and fell in love at least for the summer. Ah! sweet bird of youth!

Roasted beets, at least when served by a man to a woman is about as sure fire as any food I know.
detlechef, I roast beets and have never found them particularly "arousing" so, if I might inquire, are you using some sort of seductive sauce? Serving them in some erotic manner? :rolleyes:

Well, for starters, I did say "when served by a man to woman", so I can't speak of the effect in your case. I'll also say that I have eaten roasted beets on plenty of occasions that didn't result in any hanky panky. Certainly the intention to seduce must accompany the preparation, but the I think the basal and earthy richness helps remind us of our true instincts and purpose on this world. It reminds us that we are animals and, thus...

Pasta Puttanesca is my go-to seduction meal. It sounds naughty, it's delicious and lusty flavors, and you both have to have eaten it so you can get past the garlic and get down to business. :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

What did you prepare?

Our first home-dinner date. Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries and bittersweet chocolate sauce. Whatever courses preceded it were merely foreplay, and have been forgotten.

We're still married.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

I am a woman. I have found that pretty much anything I put on the table that a man didn't have to cook for himself works.

"It is a fact that he once made a tray of spanakopita using Pam rather than melted butter. Still, though, at least he tries." -- David Sedaris

Interstingly enough I've never had the shot... the girls I have dated have never been interested in my cooking for them.

Perhaps it is because I some off as random and unstable... and they are worried about what I would prepare...

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

I am a woman. I have found that pretty much anything I put on the table that a man didn't have to cook for himself works.

What a huge relief!

Farewell L'Oreal!

Goodbye Clinique!

Adios Bloomingdales! :laugh:

The last seduction meal I made was a leftover hamburger that I warmed up for him. It was an imprompto meal and he thought he was just getting crackers and cheese. Worked very very well :biggrin: Others before that, Chocolate pecan pie that I made for a 3rd date, Chocolate chip cookies for a first Valentines Day, he asked me to move in with him shortly after that. Seduction meals that have been made for me have included lemon chicken and roasted potatoes, since this was "technically" a first date, I didn't even know this guy could cook and it blew me away and ended up living with him. The last guy I dated made me dinner one night which consisted of something, a ceaser salad that he drizzled the bacon fat on before he dressed it, and something else. I made some sort of noise as I was watching him make this and he was suddenly very concerned that maybe this wasn't a good. I had to reassure him that it was :biggrin: He also made me breakfast and brought me coffee in bed :wub: It's such a shame he had to move away.

My fave is pan seared sea scallops and Cezaer salad served with Champagne. That has always been a 'key to the city' for me. Seriously, though, I happen to love the combination and if there is a woman involved, so much the better!!

Cheers,

HC

My fave is pan seared sea scallops and Cezaer salad served with Champagne.

While I'm not sure I get the Caesar salad (anchovies and garlic, eh? :unsure:), I really agree with the scallops. There's something very sexy, I think, about a seared scallop....

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts