• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Balducci's In Reston Is Closing

Faboo

All the perishable items have left the building. 30% off all remaining items (vino, chocolates etc) while they last. $5 off coupons for $25 or more purchases. Bummer.

"Don't be afraid of flavor" -- Tyler Florence

At 12:30 Saturday at least half or more of all their wine is gone. While many of the products have markups there are still relative bargains on olive oil, salsas, spices, pasta sauces, etc. (Rao's for $6.50 instead of $9.00) My guess is that there were at least 100 or more packed into this store when I left.

Edited by Joe H (log)

I've only been in this store at odd times when nobody is busy (not even Wegman's). Was it totally dead there or something? I thought it was a nicer store than the one in Bethesda near Old Georgetown & Democracy. I always thought it was in an odd sort of location, not fully visible from the road in both directions.

I've only been in this store at odd times when nobody is busy (not even Wegman's). Was it totally dead there or something? I thought it was a nicer store than the one in Bethesda near Old Georgetown & Democracy. I always thought it was in an odd sort of location, not fully visible from the road in both directions.

I'm ususally there about once a week for lunch and it always seems to have a pretty decent crowd with waits on several registers whever I'm there (and don't even ask me to reminisce about the time I went there the Wednesday before Thanksgiving). This is a huge bummer for me. I know where I'll be at lunch tomorrow to see if there are any deals and or steals.

Bill Russell

May still be some interesting Austrian wines--I grabbed a couple of cases yesterday and didn't see a whole lot of people in that aisle.

And if you want a few jars of lentils cooked in goose fat, there's a pretty good chance those are left. And potato chips.

Jake Parrott

Ledroit Brands, LLC

Bringing new and rare spirits to Washington DC.

Be prepared for a wait in the check-out line. I was there at 1:00 pm yesterday, and waited more than 45 minutes. And this was with all lanes open, and less than 10 people in front of me.

I went yesterday (Monday) at lunch at it was pretty slim pickings but it is up to 50% off now. I managed to get $160 worth of stuff for $80. A few misc. wines, barbecue sauce, oils, vinegars, spices, cookies, a magazine a few other little things I forget.

Edited by bilrus (log)

Bill Russell