• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nice restaurants that do takeout in Bergen Cty?

Casey

Each year, I take my Mom to see a skating show at the Meadowlands.  We usually pick up my great aunt beforehand and take her out for a nice dinner.  Unfortunately, problems with her knees are keeping us from continuing that part of the tradition.  I'm wondering if there are some nice restaurants in the area of Rutherford or East Rutherford (she lives in Wallington) where I can pick up a nice dinner for the three of us and bring it to her.  Cafe Matisse would be a little too eclectic for her, but I would love to bring her something very nice.

Any thoughts?

Casey

Just one more voice for Park and Orchard --of course you can't take the wine with you, but you can sit at the bar while the take out is being prepared!!!

You're doing a good thing!

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

We took her to Park & Orchard last year when she was getting around better, so this time we took Rosie's advice and brought takeout from Village Gourmet.  She hadn't been eating much, but really enjoyed their shrimp scampi and filet mignon.  

I told her that after her knee surgery and physical therapy, I'll take her to Mignon to celebrate....

Casey