• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sparkling Shiraz

This stuff sounds interesting - does anyone know which shops/restaurants in Seattle carry this wine?

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”

Have you been reading Bon Appetit's BBQ issue? I just posted this same thing on the Vancouver board...but am going to be in Seattle in a week or two so will be interested if anyone can recommend something nice but not horrendously expensive.

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

Been reading a few articles on this wine lately, including the Bon Appetit issue.

I'd love to find this wine in Seattle, and get feedback from those who have tried it!

Edited by lala (log)

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”

I'd be curious to try it. We had a sparkling Recioto once in Venice which I just adored, but suspect the setting may have influenced my opinion :biggrin:

The only sparkling reds I've found here have been Lambrusco-like.

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

I had a bottle a few years ago. It should be easy to find. I think I bought it at Fine Wines and Cigars in Redmond Town Center.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

I LOVE sparkling Shiraz. I miss it now that I'm not in Oz. It's very festive. Have it with your holiday turkey some time!

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness. – Elsa Schiaparelli, 1890-1973, Italian Designer

I LOVE sparkling Shiraz.  I miss it now that I'm not in Oz.  It's very festive.  Have it with your holiday turkey some time!

That was how I was first introduced to it. The first Christmas lunch I had with my boyfriends parents it was served and it started the love affair.

In terms of which brands to buy I had a beautiful bottle of Leasingham a few months ago. Also McWilliam's makes a good reasonably priced one too.