• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Dirty Dozen: Most Contaminated

This is beginning to make me feel extremely guilty (of course I am Jewish, so there is no surprise here! :wink: ) ..

Hey, folks, I simply wanted to share this article .. not wish anyone an early demise because they sucked the succulent juices from some ripe, sweet peach of summer ... :laugh:

So, suck if you must, but peel when you can, I guess is the message ... :rolleyes:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

. . . .

Just buying from a farmer's market in no guarantee of anything. For eg--I once stopped at a lovely roaddside farmer's market in a very rural area of NJ and remarked that the tomatoes looked nice--the person at the stand informed me they were purchased in Brooklyn and had been grown in Florida!

. . . .

Just buying in a NYC farmer's marked would just about guarantee that you were buying local produce and not something grown as far away as Florida.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.