• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sonoma Grill,  East Rutherford

ngatti

sounds great.  i'll bring a lot of singles.

as in unattached people, or still wet copies of George Washington on greenish paper?

we do have space available

rock

pete

paul

dee?

tommy

?

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I've got plenty of singles for everyone. Count me in if there's room. Have we thought about contacting SG and see if they have a corkage fee? I'm more than willing to part with my cellar. Suggestions?

Did I mention I have PLENTY of singles?

rock

pete

paul

dee?

tommy

Lreda

I will call about corkage, although I believe somebody (viejo perhaps?) mentioned SG has an excellent list.

Dee's wavering, we can wait list anybody who's interested.

PM me or post, as you wish

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

maybe i'm just uptight, but if 1 or 2 people bring something from their cellars, it throws off the equity of the evening. i know *i'm* not bringing anything from my cellar (aka, storage room for CDs and luggage). although, i suppose i could even out the playing field by throwing a lapdance to whomever brings the burgundy. :biggrin:

I will call about corkage, although I believe somebody (viejo perhaps?) mentioned SG has an excellent list.

The list at Sonoma is indeed very good and Park and Orchards as I am sure most of you know is perhaps the most extensive I have ever seen so I lean towards choosing from their selections but I will go with the majority on this...

A.D.S.

Guys

Wish I could be there but I have a Prom that night to chaparone.

Viejo

The Best Kind of Wine is That Which is Most Pleasant to Him Who Drinks It. ---- Pliney The Elder

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,

Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. --- Homer

i'd get on 46/3 east and get off in rutherford. or something. i'll take a look.

from their website:

From Route 3: Take Route 17 North to the exit at the second traffic light marked Union Avenue West. Take Union Avenue West one block to a stop sign, make right and we are the third building on your right.

Edited by tommy (log)

i'd get on 46/3 east and get off in rutherford.  or something.  i'll take a look.

from their website:

From Route 3:  Take Route 17 North to the exit at the second traffic light marked Union Avenue West.  Take Union Avenue West one block to a stop sign, make right and we are the third building on your right.

That way is OK but Route 3 is a nightmare...I'll be heading the same way and will take Route 17 directly from 80...

A.D.S.

i'd get on 46/3 east and get off in rutherford.  or something.  i'll take a look.

from their website:

From Route 3:  Take Route 17 North to the exit at the second traffic light marked Union Avenue West.  Take Union Avenue West one block to a stop sign, make right and we are the third building on your right.

That way is OK but Route 3 is a nightmare...I'll be heading the same way and will take Route 17 directly from 80...

good point. although 17 will be a cluster-eff too.

here're directions from 80 to 17:

From the North: Take Route 17 South to the Union Avenue/Rutherford exit (exit is at a Buick dealer and traffic light). Make a right at the end of the exit and make the next right. We are the third building on the right.

I'm bring two bottles of Jarvis Cab '92.

Just because I want to. I need to clean my cellar a little.

No one should feel obligated to bring anything. It's just my good nature. :smile:

I'm looking foward to it.

By the by, does SG have a TV at the bar. The Devils are playing game 5 and wouldn't mind catching some of the game. In addition, I started smoking again, will I be able to grab a smoke at the bar

Lou

That's mighty nice of ya Lou. I was just checking out this trek on Mapquest...I didn't realize all these places were so close to each other. We could even walk to each place if we wanted to. Or have to. :wink:

That's mighty nice of ya Lou. I was just checking out this trek on Mapquest...I didn't realize all these places were so close to each other. We could even walk to each place if we wanted to. Or have to.  :wink:

there're a *bit* far for walking, yes? :blink:

edit: i take that back. they are closer than i thought too. more importantly, how close is Shakers? :unsure:

Edited by tommy (log)

That's mighty nice of ya Lou. I was just checking out this trek on Mapquest...I didn't realize all these places were so close to each other. We could even walk to each place if we wanted to. Or have to.  :wink:

Just as long as none of us wind up like Rico on Six Feet Under after visiting their version of Shakers.

Then again maybe some of you won't mind :raz: