• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Raising the Bar

lancastermike

My wife did some deal to get a free i-pod by joining lots of things on a list. I thought it was a scam and kept telling her she would get a "hi-pod". She really did get it and I was stunned.

Anyway, one of the things she had to do was join a cookbook club. The last book to fill the deal arrived yesterday. It is a cocktail book by Nick Mautone called "Raising the Bar". As an old bartender I find alot of cocktail books to be lame. This is a very nice exception to that.

He is a New York bartender and the book is well written with nice photos and it does not spend time talking about things that are a waste of time. If you see this it may be worth alook. Nothing groundbreaking for the expert mixers posting here, but I did enjoy it and will use it.