• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYC Restaurant "Pico" White gazpacho Recipe

mukbo

The restaurant was in Tribeca and I heard that It went out of business a couple years ago.

It was a Portuguese restaurant.

I had white gazpacho there once.

It was very refreashing and delicious.

I only remember some of the ingredients.

Green grape, Toasted almond, yogurt, bread...

I searched internet and most of white gazpacho recipe has garlic and none of them sounds like what I had.

Anybody knows white gazpacho recipe from Pico.

That is what I really need for this summer.

Thanks.

**** I am sorry. I put this under the Japan forum..

How can I move my article?

Edited by mukbo (log)

The restaurant was in Tribeca and I heard that It went out of business a couple years ago.

It was a  Portuguese restaurant.

I searched internet and most of white gazpacho recipe has garlic and none of them sounds like what I had.

Anybody knows white gazpacho recipe from Pico.

That is what I really need for this summer.

Though the yogurt mention puzzles me, I believe you're looking for ajoblanco, the white gazpacho. One of its many recipes: ajoblanco.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

It was a  Portuguese restaurant.

Though the yogurt mention puzzles me, I believe you're looking for ajoblanco, the white gazpacho. One of its many recipes: ajoblanco.

The recipe cited above looks very good, but I think the grape gazpacho in Barbara Kafka's Soup, a Way of Life might be closer to the Pico dish that mukbo described. I'm at work, so I don't have the book near me.

Andrew

Andrew Riggsby

ariggsby@mail.utexas.edu

...I think the grape gazpacho in Barbara Kafka's Soup, a Way of Life might be closer to the Pico dish that mukbo described.  I'm at work, so I don't have the book near me.

Here are several of Kafka's gazpacho recipes, including white grape ones. But they do have garlic, and don't have yogurt. So may not be what you're looking for.

Gazpacho recipes from Barbara Kafka

PS -- Are you sure about the yogurt? Did you ask? Did they say? Or are you just guessing....because if you're sure, you can probably come up with a pretty close approximation by using these recipes as a guide, and then doing a little experimentation with adding yogurt and various other ingredients.

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Everybody,

Thank you so much for great recipes.

Indeed, I asked chief about ingredients and he mentioned yogurt.

I will try half water and half yogurt combination.

Again Thank you.

And you'll get back to us of course?? :rolleyes:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Here's one with sour cream. And not so much garlic as the others. Perhaps it's closer:

Gazpacho Blanco

2 C good-quality chicken stock

3 medium cucumbers

2 C sour cream

2 T lemon juice

1/4 t garlic powder

1/4 t pepper

salt to taste

Peel, seed, and coarsely chop cucumbers. You should have about 3 cups.

In blender or food processor, process cucumber with 1/2 cup chicken broth until smooth.

In bowl, by hand, combine cucumber mixture, remaining stock, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper. Chill thoroughly.

Correct seasonings.

Garnish as desired with condiments: chopped tomatoes, green onions, green peppers, toasted slivered almonds, halved green grapes, croutons.

Edited by Jaymes (log)