• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisinart Food Processor Stuck

This site sells lids and bowls separately.

Do treasure the old style lid with the simple feed tube. That new thing with the interlock led me to pitching a vintage Cuisinart when the original lid broke.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Well, ultimately, the perfect repair would have involved the use of the coat hanger and the duct tape at the same time.

To follow protocol strictly, there also has to be a Swiss Army knife in there somewhere.

Well, ultimately, the perfect repair would have involved the use of the coat hanger and the duct tape at the same time.

To follow protocol strictly, there also has to be a Swiss Army knife in there somewhere.

I think to be strictly 21st century the tool of choice might be a Leatherman. But old school works! :wink:

Hurray for the wire hanger. The annoying locking mechanisms of the Cuisinarts is exactly why I have a Kitchenaid processor instead.

Stephanie Kay

For those who are curious: I took a pants hanger and removed the carboard tube that supports a pair of pants. The wire ends that snap into the tube at both ends have a rather sharp bend. I slipped one bend into the procesor through the feed tube hole and then adjusted the angle of the wire until I could get the opening of that sharp bend onto the blade. Then jerked upwards. That did it.

(And thanks Brooks. I guess we were thinking along the same lines. I tried a couple of other hooked and non-hooked rods trying to pop it loose first, but the pants hanger did it.)

I use an aluminum crochet hook - one of the huge ones that is fairly long (14 inches) and made for giant yarn. gallery_17399_60_18660.jpg

You can find these at craft/yarn shops and they have a lot of uses in the kitchen.

Lacing up a turkey or goose, for instance, much easier than using a needle and for getting the cord under cross tied cords on a roast.

I also use it for turning tubes inside out and although I know a lot of you wouldn't have any use for it this way, it is great for skinning the feet and legs on rabbits.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

For those who are curious: I took a pants hanger and removed the carboard tube that supports a pair of pants. The wire ends that snap into the tube at both ends have a rather sharp bend. I slipped one bend into the procesor through the feed tube hole and then adjusted the angle of the wire until I could get the opening of that sharp bend onto the blade. Then jerked upwards. That did it.

(And thanks Brooks. I guess we were thinking along the same lines. I tried a couple of other hooked and non-hooked rods trying to pop it loose first, but the pants hanger did it.)

I use an aluminum crochet hook - one of the huge ones that is fairly long (14 inches) and made for giant yarn. gallery_17399_60_18660.jpg

You can find these at craft/yarn shops and they have a lot of uses in the kitchen.

Lacing up a turkey or goose, for instance, much easier than using a needle and for getting the cord under cross tied cords on a roast.

I also use it for turning tubes inside out and although I know a lot of you wouldn't have any use for it this way, it is great for skinning the feet and legs on rabbits.

Actually, it's called an afghan hook, and is made for crocheting panels of a wide width that are put together to form blankets. it's also damn handy for gathering up sausage casings or turning chitlins inside out to clean them. (That's a theoretical statement... I've never made chitlins) :rolleyes:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"