• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suggestions for Bristol, RI

Last weekend of July I will be going to a wedding in Bristol, RI. I would love to get suggestions for places worth checking out in that general area. I'll be staying in Providence actually, so anywhere between Providence and Bristol is cool. I have no clue of the area at all. What's around? What's worth a drive?

-James Kessler

Last weekend of July I will be going to a wedding in Bristol, RI.  I would love to get suggestions for places worth checking out in that general area.  I'll be staying in Providence actually, so anywhere between Providence and Bristol is cool.  I have no clue of the area at all.  What's around?  What's worth a drive?

Dewolfe Tavern on Thames Street in Bristol ..great menu... classical dishes and American fusion with an Indian/Pakistani flair; Roberto's, on the other main street in Bristol-Italian...Sea Shai in Middletown...excellent sushi; In providence, Restaruant Pizzico on Hope Street (very underrated-mushroom risotto the way God intended it to be)

Cheers

KV

All that is needed for evil to survive is for good people to do nothing

Do like Chef Champe says and get thee to Persimmon (click here for a detailed report). You will not be disappointed, friend.

Wow... sounds like a great place to go..

Chris- are there any plans a foot for a Provience E Gullet dinner out? perhaps this is the place to go...and I'd be happy to help organize...

Cheers

KV

All that is needed for evil to survive is for good people to do nothing