• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bergen Record Restaurant Reviews

dodge621

The Record reviewed Mona Lisa Cafe today.  I used to live in Bogota and I can tell you that this place is primarily a PIZZA PLACE.  It has 6 tables and is only really busy with say 20 people on a weekend night most eating PIZZA, which the article fails to even mention.

I've driven by the restauarant  , and have noticed that it has become more upscale. Last week, I noticed a large party having dinner outside eating some lucious looking entrees.

I was planning on trying it out  soon. I know that it used to be just a pizza place- but it looks like it changed in the last 10 months.

La famiglia started out as a pizza place.

:smile:

[attempting to offend me will not endear you to anyone, and will not enhance your experience here, or make it more pleasurable.  i'd venture to say quite the opposite.

in fact, it really has no place here, at all.

]

hey you said to Ngatti a few weeks ago in Wondee's Garden  forum

it is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about

- that was an offense to him. So it ok for you to mock others but not to take anything.  

poor tommy

[attempting to offend me will not endear you to anyone, and will not enhance your experience here, or make it more pleasurable.  i'd venture to say quite the opposite.

]

hey you said to Ngatti a few weeks ago in Wondee's Garden  forum

it is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about

- that was an offense to him. So it ok for you to mock others but not to take anything.  

poor tommy

my eyes hurt.

um, i was being funny.  ngatti knew that.  you must have no humor or else you'd realize that.

I've driven by the restauarant  , and have noticed that it has become more upscale. Last week, I noticed a large party having dinner outside eating some lucious looking entrees.

yes. I know the owner. They do have nice specials, but one of my points was that the article should have mentioned that it does a large part of its business selling pizza.    

- I would suggest if you go to order only from the specials list. I once tried the calamari which was very bad (it was not a special at the time)

[[attempting to offend me will not endear you to anyone, and will not enhance your experience here, or make it more pleasurable.  i'd venture to say quite the opposite.

]

so you request no one to offend you and then you throw an insult at me (this is your way huh)  And I do I know that Ngatti did not find that funny.  I am confident he will affirm this.

Perhaps dodge621 is really Ruby in disguise, albeit a less hysterical version?

Seriously, although I haven't really been following this thread, I would like to say that posting personal attacks upon complete strangers won't endear you to the egullet community.  We know Tommy -- we don't know you, dodge.  While I'm not suggesting that you're here to win the E-gullet Popularity Contest for Second-Rate Beauty Queens...none of us are, actually...I am suggesting that some people might approach you with a less than respectful bias.

Btw, in point of fact, Tommy is an equal opportunity insult machine.  In spite of all of this, he's loveable.  Plus, his avatar is easy on the eyes.   :smile:

Now, then, I move to nominate this thread as a candidate for "Thread Most Likely To Be Destroyed Painlessly".

Soba

Check out my new thread on Second Reviews of restaurants.

I'd be very interested in seeing how various people whose opinions I respect view the exact same meal. Either visit at different times, or in a small group and post comments. We've got a bunch of people here with strong opinions and solid experience, why not? Sure beats the sorry pissing contest this thread has become...

Consider my suggestion as playing team tag with msp, maybe we'll find out she's on the mark more than some folks think!

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

SOBA ADDICT, SANDRA you post a few times and tell me what do are you Tommy's group

SOBA- I have never seen another post from you. Did Tommy bring you over from the NY site.

If Tommy's remarks are humorous to you that is fine.  I do not find his crass act funny.

I will not fall down to tommy

I got to clear things up.

This ongoing thing about Tommy.

Seems to be a "Love" & "Hate" relationship of many posters.

Here is my version, of how I see Tommy.

Definition:  

" Tommy is capable of lying convincingly enough, to make a person believe he is as smart as he thinks he is."

Peter

Ah. So this is what the NJ Board is like. :confused:

edit:

Didn't want to leave with a sour note.  :biggrin:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

In all seriousness, I had some really excellent pie today. I had a slice of strawberry-rhubarb pie and a slice of apple pie. I also had a piece of blueberry cheesecake, and that's acceptable because I'm in New Brunswick right now, which is roughly equivalent to Maine when it comes to ubiquitousness of blueberries. So the cheesecake was kind of like pie too, on account of the blueberries.

Hi Tommy. Big kiss.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

We know Tommy -- we don't know you, dodge.  While I'm not suggesting that you're here to win the E-gullet Popularity Contest for Second-Rate Beauty Queens...none of us are, actually...I am suggesting that some people might approach you with a less than respectful bias.

for the sake of clarity, i would like to stipulate that i do not know soba, and i've neither met him nor had private correspondence with him.

with that in mind, soba's comments may be telling in the sense that he is relaying a simple ideal that the egullet community tries hard to follow.  for the most part, successfully.

jinmyo, my point was hardly sour, but honest and sincere.

fat guy:  new brunswick?  cool.  cluck u chicken is great.  i have  cousin a who's going to rutgers now.  if you bump into him, please say 'hi' for me.

edit:  jinmyo was probably talking about her comment being sour, rather than mine.  oh well, what can ya do?  :biggrin:

dodge, if you have a problem with me i strongly suggest that you messenger me to discuss it. no one here wants to hear this vitriol.

]

I agree.  Please take your own advise and messenger me to discuss rather than taking any parting shots.  I hope you will do this rather than take one last shot.

Yes, tommy, I meant my comment. It's very nice here. :wink:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

fat guy:  new brunswick?  cool.  cluck u chicken is great.  i have  cousin a who's going to rutgers now.  if you bump into him, please say 'hi' for me.

Tee hee.  :raz:

For those that don't realize it, Fat Guy is in Canada.

Yes, that New Brunswick!

This site is getting weirder and fucking weirder every day. Can't people just behave?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Gentleman and ladies (and after reading much of this thread, I use the term loosely),  could we get back to the topic of critiqueing 'The Records' reviews?  There were TWO in this past Fridays 'GO' section. :smile:

Nick