• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rehearsal Dinner in Sugar Land

JPipes

Well, I popped the questions the first night that we were to stay in our "new" old house in Sugar Land. She said yes, thank God, and now we are on to the planning stages. We both have a ton of family and out of town guests, and I want to include them in the rehearsal dinner...I just don't know where to go!!

Any tips are welcomed with open arms. Bonus points for any marriage tips.

P.S. we want to keep everything in Sugar Land.

This is tough because I don't know a lot about Sugarland but the first thing that sprung into my mind is that a private Dim Sum could be fun. Maybe don't go for anything too formal.

Congratulations and all of my best and blessings to you both.

BTW . . . Start practising "Yes, dear. Yes, dear." :laugh:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

For a more elegant rehearsal, you can always go to the "Burning Pear" in town center or Perry's Steakhouse.

How do you feel about Indian food? Madras Pavilion has nice dining rooms and good food.

I am sure I am missing some other local joints but right now Carraba's or Cafe Adobe on H-6 and also come to mind. I will post other's if I can think of any.

And congrats and best wishes for both of you.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Thanks for the well wishes.

I would love to do indian food, but my guests would kill me. I am seriously thinking of hitting up the Swinging Door for barbecue. What could be more fun than that?

Edited by JPipes (log)

. . . What could be more fun than that?

errr . . . If we have to tell you . . .

No. You are right. After all, BBQ is sacred.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

I can't help you with Sugarland, but congratulations and please keep us updated on your plans!

"Ich bin ein Pearlander!"

:biggrin:

If you can't act fit to eat like folks, you can just set here and eat in the kitchen - Calpurnia

Well, I popped the questions the first night that we were to stay in our "new" old house in Sugar Land. She said yes, thank God, and now we are on to the planning stages. We both have a ton of family and out of town guests, and I want to include them in the rehearsal dinner...I just don't know where to go!!

Any tips are welcomed with open arms. Bonus points for any marriage tips.

P.S. we want to keep everything in Sugar Land.

First of all congratulations!!

You need to check out china bear used to be happy panda

Really good chinese food...very casual and busy..be there 30 min before you wanna eat

Enjoy

AShiana

By the way i'm new this is my very first post

Love this forum!!!!! :biggrin: