• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kundlas Western Beef

Today we made our second trip from North Jersey to the Lake Wallenpaupak area (Hamlin PA) in One week for some RIBS. These are very good ribs :biggrin:

Open pits run by hot grubby teenagers that you line up right along side, so by the time you order you want one of everything...they have beef and pork ribs, pork chops, and chicken. After they slather your order with their herbed bbq sauce you move down the line to the corn, beans, french fries, pickles area...then they toss you a plate with a dinner roll butter packet and napkin...grab a soda and pay. Out back there are nice picnic tables with umbrellas and seating inside with A/C also. Along the fence are a few Hose and paper towel stations to clean up after the meal.

At the front of the building is a buther shop with some nice cuts of meat, sausages and... in the freezer ready to go More Ribs and their sauces.

KUNDLAS WESTERN BEEF

Located in Hamlin PA

rt 590 at rt 191 which is at exit 17 of RT 84...as in I 81N to I 84E to exit 17

rt 191N to rt 590 turn left ...less than a mile on the left

gallery_23695_426_309813.jpg

gallery_23695_426_333940.jpg

Where there is Smoke there is Fire

gallery_23695_426_300163.jpg

I told them they were gonna be on TV

gallery_23695_426_372803.jpg

gallery_23695_426_155853.jpg

gallery_23695_426_532485.jpg

Part of todays lunch

tracey

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Today we made our second trip from North Jersey to the Lake Wallenpaupak area (Hamlin PA) in One week for some RIBS. These are very good ribs  :biggrin:

Open pits run by hot grubby teenagers that you line up right along side, so by the time you order you want one of everything...they have beef and pork ribs, pork chops, and chicken. After they slather your order with their herbed bbq sauce you move down the line to the corn, beans, french fries, pickles area...then they toss you a plate with a dinner roll butter packet and napkin...grab a soda and pay. Out back there are nice picnic tables with umbrellas and seating inside with A/C also. Along the fence are a few Hose and paper towel stations to clean up after the meal.

At the front of the building is a buther shop with some nice cuts of meat, sausages and... in the freezer ready to go More Ribs  and their sauces.

KUNDLAS WESTERN BEEF

Located in Hamlin PA

rt 590 at rt 191 which is at exit 17 of RT 84...as in  I 81N to I 84E to exit 17

rt 191N to rt 590 turn left ...less than a mile on the left

I haven't been yet this year but I agree it's some good eating. I think I like the chicken even better than the ribs, and the sauce is unique and very good.

---Guy

Made a slight detour today on the way to the Wind Gap bluegrass festival. Had a combo (1/2 chicken, 1/2 rack of ribs). Added a nice ear of corn, total price $14.00 for a LOT of food!

I'm pleased to say Kundla's is still playing at the top of their game. Wonderful stuff.

---Guy

• 11 months later...

364 days later and it was ribs and chicken again...

one guest of our club wasnt really paying attention to our destination....She is a VEGETARIAN

corn, macaroni salad, and rolls for her lunch :sad:

tracey

meat goooood

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Must be ESP, I was just thinking about Kundla's recently and BOOM, there's your post!

How was the corn? They're somehow usually able to get very good corn even this early in the season...

I want some RIBS! I want some CHICKEN!

Maybe next weekend on my way to Wind Gap bluegrass fest again.

---Guy

• 1 year later...

Went with the family today for an early Father's Day dinner. The chicken and ribs were stellar as always, and there's a new menu item--pork chops. We tried a very generous 1/2 portion, they were good.

Only disappointment was the sauce. It was rather sweet, and the flavor was one-dimensional in its sweetness--kind of a grape jelly flavor. I hope it's a one-time aberration; usually the sauce is a highlight.

---Guy

• 4 years later...