• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Storage Facility Near DC

Does anyone know of a wine storage facility near Washington, DC? The current owner of the house we are buying is stressing about his wine collection and I want to facilitate his exit from the house. I respect his wine collection, but I am already moving two and half weeks before my wedding so I would like to keep him on track.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

p.s. his wine collection is way out of our budget and he is very attatched to it. would have made a nice house-warming present to us though. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much.

I was going to call the wine place on MacArthur Blvd today because I saw boxes from there in the wine room.

Retract yout offer. Trust me, on trying to get this guy to move and his issues with his wine, you do not want it in your house. He is a total princess. At this point he just expects us to move settlement by four days on account of his wine. While I have some respect for wine, the guy has a month and a half at this time to figure it out. [sorry for the rant]

Thanks again!

Thanks so much. 

I was going to call the wine place on MacArthur Blvd today because I saw boxes from there in the wine room. 

Retract yout offer.  Trust me, on trying to get this guy to move and his issues with his wine, you do not want it in your house.  He is a total princess.  At this point he just expects us to move settlement by four days on account of his wine.  While I have some respect for wine, the guy has a month and a half at this time to figure it out.  [sorry for the rant]

Thanks again!

The linked thread mentions "the Wine Rack" which is part of Bottom Line Wine. I think that was Dave Gray's place, but I thought it went out of business years ago. Is it still there? I bought a fair amount of wine from him in the old days.

Thanks so much. 

Retract yout offer.  Trust me, on trying to get this guy to move and his issues with his wine, you do not want it in your house.  He is a total princess.  At this point he just expects us to move settlement by four days on account of his wine.  While I have some respect for wine, the guy has a month and a half at this time to figure it out.  [sorry for the rant]

Thanks again!

The linked thread mentions "the Wine Rack" which is part of Bottom Line Wine. I think that was Dave Gray's place, but I thought it went out of business years ago. Is it still there? I bought a fair amount of wine from him in the old days.

Both Wide World of Wines and the Wine Rack are still in the wine storage business. The latter used to be part of BLW, which did cease, but Dave still runs the Wine Rack as a business. [At least he had better .. haven't been there in a while, but I sure have some nice wine there last I checked.]

Both Wide World of Wines ... are still in the wine storage business. 

Wide World is still in the wine storage business, but there is a Packers season ticket type of waiting list to get in. It is full, and no one is leaving.