• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

wondee's not related to wondee

Posted: Aug. 05 2001,00:44    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking on Ninth Avenue in Manhattan tonight (checking out the Roosevelt Hotel -- what a scene; but that's a different story) and wandered by a Thai place called Wondee (792 Ninth Avenue between 52nd and 53rd Streets, 212-459-9057). A longshot, since I think this may be a standard Thai name, but do you know if there's a relationship

Actually no,there's no relationship between the two.The wondee's in hackensack is the only Wondee's-related resturant that exists.

Standard thai name,hmm not too sure about that,my mother's name is Wondee,and so that's why she anemd it that.

The eGullet Ninth Avenue group explored that Wondees on Ninth the other day. Following StefanyB's dictum that only booths would be visited, we didn't go in. Looked interesting, though...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Tommy help

my office mate who is trying to be friendly wears the same damn clothes every day

any suggestions

this guy is so pathetic it is sad but also clueless

try to be friendly as well.  that's "tommy help" to me.  any other correspondence directed towards me should be via egullet messenger.

cheers.

Tommy help

my office mate who is trying to be friendly wears the same damn clothes every day

any suggestions

this guy is so pathetic it is sad but also clueless

well, it's been almost 24 hrs, and curiousity has gotten the best of me:  can someone clarify what this post was all about and what it has to do with anything?  any help would be appreciated.  i can barely contain my excitement.

regards,

tommy