• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wayne Nish at Hudson House?

No, he's staying on there, too. There's something wrong with TJN Web site so I can't link, but I will once it's fixed.

Read it this morning, Liz. This is great news! I was a fan of March 'way back when I lived in North Jersey (two relocations ago), and am thrilled that Chef Nish will be leading a kitchen closer to my new home. Not to mention, of course, the ever-expanding pool of places to beg for work once I graduate.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

The menu looks like a lot of fun. I tried some things on Tuesday night.

Here's the link to the story.

This is good news!

I have always thought that March is one of the top five or so restautrants in the New York area.

It seems to be somewhat under appreciated by foodies.

Perhaps because it has been 'quietly" operating for a long time now and is not new news!

Nish (I have spoken briefly to him at March a few times) is one of the most humble and unassuming chef's I have ever met and one of the best.

Also-Nyack is sort of on the way from Manhattan to Brewster -a weekly trip my wife and I make so might be nice reason to detour a bit ovwer the Tap!

Read it this morning, Liz.

Thanks for reading!

It seems to be somewhat under appreciated by foodies.

I agree and I don't know why.

Also-Nyack is sort of on the way from Manhattan to Brewster -a weekly trip my wife and I make so might be nice reason to detour a bit ovwer the Tap!

C'mon over!

Liz Johnson

Professional:

Food Editor, The Journal News and LoHud.com

Westchester, Rockland and Putnam: The Lower Hudson Valley.

Small Bites, a LoHud culinary blog

Personal:

Sour Cherry Farm.

...It seems to be somewhat under appreciated by foodies.

Perhaps because it has been 'quietly" operating for a long time now and is not new news!

Nish (I have spoken briefly to him at March a few times) is one of the most humble and unassuming chef's I have ever met and one of the best.

Spoken like a true food-lover, to say that Nyack is on the way from the city to Brewster! As for me, we now have another reason to cross the TZ. I'm really looking forward to this and hope it's a trend.

(I'm sure you all know that Mike Anthony was the Chef de Cuisine at March before moving to Blue Hill. )

...It seems to be somewhat under appreciated by foodies.

Spoken like a true food-lover, to say that Nyack is on the way from the city to Brewster! As for me, we now have another reason to cross the TZ. I'm really looking forward to this and hope it's a trend.

(I'm sure you all know that Mike Anthony was the Chef de Cuisine at March before moving to Blue Hill. )

Well it is sort of on the way! :-)

I did not know Mr Anthony was at Blue Hill!

Funny--We have a res at Blue Hill for end of June--looking forward to my first time.

I also want to go back to March soon--haven't been there in over a year.

I have always thought march to be a great combination of wonderful food and interesting wines, great service and atmosphere. Let's not forget that Nish was doing "small" plates before it was all the rage!

I did not know Mr Anthony was at Blue Hill!

Funny--We have a res at Blue Hill for end of June--looking forward to my first time.

JohnL, you are in for a treat. Check out the thread (I don't know how to link it here) and be sure to report back. I did my Externship at Blue Hill at Stone Barns and it was a terrific experience. I pick up my first CSA basket there tomorrow!