• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Southern NJ restaurants

Suzanna

I am going to be in Southern NJ next week for business and need to find nice place for a business dinner.  Is anybody can suggest some restaurants, preferably not Chinese.  Thank you  :unsure:

Where in Southern NJ will you be? The Cape May area? Atlantic City? Trenton? Toms River? Hammonton? etc. etc....

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

I am going to be in Southern NJ next week for business and need to find nice place for a business dinner.  Is anybody can suggest some restaurants, preferably not Chinese.  Thank you  :unsure:

Where in Southern NJ will you be? The Cape May area? Atlantic City? Trenton? Toms River? Hammonton? etc. etc....

Vorhees Area - Lacenas Italian Grille

Cirilo

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist, as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."

Popular Science, 1891

Vorhees Area - Lacenas Italian Grille

Cirilo

Actually in Mansfield, sorry for the confusion, I thought it is southern NJ, but may be central, I am not familiar with the area. Thank you very much for your help

According to Yahoo 11 miles but you should double check that.

Trenton--Amici Milano, Marsilio's or John Henry's. Haven't been to any of them in a very long time.

Lawrenceville--Acacia--BYO; Enzo’s La Piccola Cucina (cash only); Lawrenceville Inn--BYO.

Little further than Trenton.

You may also want to drive a bit further and go into Lambertville where I can recommend No 9; Hamilton's Grill; and Manon. All BYO.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

According to Yahoo 11 miles but you should double check that.

Trenton--Amici Milano, Marsilio's or John Henry's. Haven't been to any of them in a very long time.

Lawrenceville--Acacia--BYO; Enzo’s La Piccola Cucina (cash only); Lawrenceville Inn--BYO.

Little further than Trenton.

You may also want to drive a bit further and go into Lambertville where I can recommend No 9; Hamilton's Grill; and Manon.  All BYO.

Thank you very much for your help !

mansfield has a few options..Rats is less than a 15 minute ride away, in hamilton. Route 130 in Burlington has a great crab place, very basic, I can't recall the name. Bordentown City has little Cafes, great little lunch places and cute shops.

Would you consider driving 20 miles south on I-295 to Moorestown/Mount Laurel?

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Route 130 in Burlington has a great crab place, very basic, I can't recall the name.

Blue Claw, I believe.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

I recommend Rat's in Hamilton and also KC Prime for a buisness dinner in that area. There's not much there that is not a chain restaurant.

Edited by CherieV (log)

CherieV

Eat well, drink better!

If you are willing to drive to Trenton, I would suggest Pete Lorenzo's cafe right accross the street from the Trenton train station. This is about the best steak around these parts and also quite appropriate for a business dinner. It's cash only and pricey but the aged steaks make it worthwhile. I suggest cavatelli and brocoli as a side dish, quite good.

Rosie recommended Acacia in Lawrenceville (byo) and I heartily second that.