• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Raw foodist friend comming to visit

Hi.....i thought i would throw this out and see if anyone has any suggestions.

I have a friend comming who has been a raw foodist for many years.

Does anyone have any suggestions on raw food resturants or cafes in the sea/tac area?

Or... does anyone know of anyplace doing raw food takeout ?

I have tasted some of her dishes and they are very creative and quite good. She is excited about the northwest and i thought there might possibly be a thriving raw foods community in this area.

I have a week till she gets here...any suggestions you have would be a help. Thanks

The Met! :laugh::raz:

Chaco Canyon in the U-Dist is a raw food place I think.

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

If your raw food chef is interested, it might be fun to hold a raw food cooking (wrong word) class for us. I would sign up, I've never eaten a raw food menu per se, and am kind of intrigued by the idea. I wonder if it is as labor intensive but intensely delicious as I've been told.

My seventeen year old is currently experimenting with raw foods and is about 50% raw in her diet. I have been benefiting from her non-cooking. The food, for the most, part has been delicious. PCC and Wholefoods have had classes in raw foods recently. I have taken 2 of the classes at Wholefoods taught by Ani Phylo and partner Ede of Smart Monkey http://www.smartmonkeyfoods.com/ from Portland and can highly recommend them. I don't know if or when they are coming up again but I highly recomend them as teachers. wl