• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I really wish I hadn't posted it.  I didn't mean it in a derogatory way at ALL.  I thought it was funny (and true) that treyf foods are often favorites.  

Well of course they are! I know plenty of vegetarians and plenty of "somewhat" observant Jews who just couldn't resist bacon one second longer.  If my mother ever bought those cookies it was because they sounded Italian.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I really wish I hadn't posted it.  I didn't mean it in a derogatory way at ALL.  I thought it was funny (and true) that treyf foods are often favorites.  

Well of course they are! I know plenty of vegetarians and plenty of "somewhat" observant Jews who just couldn't resist bacon one second longer.