• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Crown Royal Purple Bag

Pam R

:biggrin: I actually have about 5 never-opened bottles in my basement - with bags. I was just trying to be helpful to others.

Then again, none of mine are personalized....

I just got back from a Caribbean cruise where a group of us bought a horse in the Owner's horse racing derby. We named it Crown Royal, decorated it with purple ribbons and used an empty Crown Royal bag as it's feed bag. It won. :biggrin:

Dawn aka shrek

Let the eating begin!

Rebecca,

Empty bags galore on eBay, for a few cents each. Also, a C R fishing lure, with no bids @ $9.95. :laugh:

CR did Christmas ornaments this year, good for a snort to invoke the purple haze when tossing tinsel.

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

Just saw this thread. My mother kept her hair curlers and pins in a CR bag. Brought back memories of watching her get ready for a party.

In addition to making the best Scrabble bags, they are also great for storing small silver dishes.

Those bags. Contain Ryan's marble collection, various pieces of lego and they double as an emergency makeup kit for me. :biggrin:

That reminds me of my childhood :laugh:

I can NOT imagine you in makeup, dear Sir! :raz:

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea anyone else on earth kept them. I never drank the stuff and have no memory of where I got the bags.

I have 4 of them. Stuffed to the top with coins (doubloons)from Mardi Gras parades. Rex coins going back to when I was a kid (a looong time ago), and many from now defunct Crewes.

Back to the early sixties,many earlier.

Once, I was going to chunk them in the trash, but haven't yet. Don't know why.