• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Forum

I read on a local restaurant review site that Gianni Picci is making/has made his return to the Vancouver dining scene with Forum on Pacific Boulevard... 770 Pacific Boulevard to be exact.

Anyone have the inside skinny on this? Jamie? Andrew?

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

First time I heard his name since a rumour about him opening up next to La Regalade, but that apparently caplumphed or the rumour was caplooey.

Glad to hear he's resurfacing after Beach Side.

Cyril confirms this over at Eve Vancouver.

Can you please post what you found, Moosh?

Oops, nope.

Gianna was apparently involved in the development but has left the company. The chef is Ryan Zuvich (formerly Riley Waterfron Cafe, Sugar Daddy's), and they open June 10th.

Edited by editor@waiterblog (log)

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

Gracias Andrew. Adam's Restaurant Reviews is exactly where I read about it.

Which space will this be located in? Beside Tony Roma's in the former premises of Da Tandoor?

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, Forum is being opened, and positions for the restaurant were advertised in the Vancouver Sun/Province. "Upscale restaurant/lounge"

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf

And The Original SoupMan – uh huh, that’d be the "Soup Nazi" immortalized on Seinfeld – is flooding Canada with 100 souperies, including an outlet or two scheduled to open in Vancouver this summer. No news so far on locations.

Wow...I wonder who would be the Vancouver Soup Nazi?

Forum is located in the same space as the Expo-vintage Irish Rovers pub space. It's big, with more than 300 seats when the patio is going. The menu was originally developed by Gianni Picchi but there was a fall-out, and apparently some of the staff whom he had originally brought aboard were 'dehired'.

Including himself, according to a chat I had with him yesterday.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"