• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Late nite eats that are not the ID?

Can't for the life of me think of one!

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

Stella's (U-District)

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

It's something that you miss when your out late in Seattle, is finding anyplace better then a "Greasy Spoon", Denny's or Shari's if you hungry early in the "AM". The only places are the over priced, inconsistent "13 Coins" serving 24/7 but nothing comparable to a East Coast "Diner" is available.

There are many very good breakfast places, as well as several Restaurants that serve as late as 2:00 AM but one of my best eating buddies have been dreaming about finding a late night, sit down "Mexican Restaurant" staying open serving "Menudo" and other dishes would be very welcome in the community.

It would certainly be attractive to many Restaurant/Foodservice workers who often need to wind down after a busy evening as well as late working Hispanic employees and West Coasters who appreciate Mexican Food.

If anyone is aware of such a place located in the Seattle metro area that is open late please advise.

Irwin

I don't say that I do. But don't let it get around that I don't.

Marjorie's in Belltown -  Try the Lavender infused vodka.... great late nite set.

Welcome to eG, WetInSeattle. Marjorie is one of my favorite restaurants. Do you know how late they serve food?

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

Welcome to eG, WetInSeattle. Marjorie is one of my favorite restaurants. Do you know how late they serve food?

dinner: tuesday - saturday

5:00pm -11:00pm/1:00am friday and saturday

bar 5:00pm-12:00am/2:00am friday and saturday

and they will stay longer!!!!

Ixnay on Marjorie during the week...I called tonight and the kitchen closed at 11pm.

Looks like maybe Yamashiro up on Aurora...Hell, closer anyway...AND Non Smoking! :cool:

Edited by Fay Jai (log)

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

Del Rey (?) at 1st and Battery has a second happy hour from 11-1. The place was packed at 7:20 last night. Belltown was booming.

You were there last night??? WE were there last night!!!

It was actually packed because of a mixer that was going on.

Del Rey (?) at 1st and Battery has a second happy hour from 11-1. The place was packed at 7:20 last night. Belltown was booming.

You were there last night??? WE were there last night!!!

It was actually packed because of a mixer that was going on.

No, I just walked by on my way to Zoe. Great rabbit raviolo.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to B&O Espresso on Capital Hill (Olive Way & Belmont). They stay open until 2am (way late for moi) and have a pretty good looking menu. In addition, the desserts were to die for and the sample appetizer plate with meditteranean fare was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...