• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Near or On White Horse Pike

CoolPapaBell

Joe's Maplewood in Hammonton--casual, Italian red sauce joint.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

Thanks for the tips. BTW, to extend my route, we actually would pick up route 206 in Medford, take it through Shamong, make the right at Atsion Lake and take that to the White Horse Pike. I don’t know if anyone is familiar with that route at all and I know there is a ton of Pine Barron land. But if by chance there is a hidden gem in that extended route please let me know.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

Thanks for the tips.  BTW, to extend my route, we actually would pick up route 206 in Medford, take it through Shamong, make the right at Atsion Lake and take that to the White Horse Pike.  I don’t know if anyone is familiar with that route at all and I know there is a ton of Pine Barron land.  But if by chance there is a hidden gem in that extended route please let me know.

You'll see that it far from being barren as you drive through it. Pinelands is a better name. But there may be Pine Barrons living in McMansions along the way :biggrin:

If the destination is AC to rid yourself of money take a look at a map and see if you would consider going down 54 from Hammonton to route 40 and then east to AC.

There are roadside barbecue stands "to die for" (to use a NNJ phrase). Ever have ribs smoked for 12 hours rather than being parboiled?

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

If the destination is AC to rid yourself of money take a look at a map and see if you would consider going down 54 from Hammonton to route 40 and then east to AC.

There are roadside barbecue stands "to die for" (to use a NNJ phrase). Ever have ribs smoked for 12 hours rather than being parboiled?

http://hollyeats.com/UncleDeweys.htm

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

I like the kingfish better. Higher bacteria count. :raz:

Same road same side.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Same road same side.

I though I heard somewhere that one of them closed (Kingfish, I think). It's been a few years since I've taken that route to the shore.

John

Same road same side.

I though I heard somewhere that one of them closed (Kingfish, I think). It's been a few years since I've taken that route to the shore.

The Kingfish died but his sons took over. Have they folded too? I'll have to check on my next trip and I'll let you know. It would be too bad. But there are lots of Q places

in that area.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!