• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Avocado Recipes

Scotty O

I grew up as the kid sent to school with avocado and garlic salt sandwiches....

I like a hearty sourdough toasted (thick slice) with a smear of roasted garlic, a lick of bitter orange marmalade and a general amount of the green goodness

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Lately I've been mashing Johnnybird's avocado with some Miracle Whip and celery salt then:

a.  smearing on bread with turkey for a sandwich

b.  mixing with egg yolks and making Green Stuffed Eggs

pretty tasty I do have to say.

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On 3/22/2017 at 6:54 PM, btbyrd said:

Here's an upscale variation on that theme (but with prawns instead of crab). I keep meaning to make this...

I actually had this dish at EMP when they first transitioned to a fine dining restaurant... but they made it with crab...

• Like 1

I was reading my "Joy of Cooking," and it mentioned how well chicken and avocados go together.  But I never leave an avocado naked, I have to have it sprinkled with apple cider vinegar and salt.   So now I'm thinking Corden Bleu with an avocado filling rather than cheese.  Hum...