• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYC Chef to Guide me with Ducasse Livre Cookbook

DutchMuse

Not sure which forum to use for this, but I'm a dedicated foodie/egulletier and am working my way through Ducasse's Livre cookbook. It suddenly occurred to me that it would be great to secure the guidance of a professional chef to guide me through some of these recipes. My thought is the person would come to my apartment and we would cook some of the recipes together occasionally. Any thoughts of how I might go about finding such a professional in NYC? Thanks!

BTW, I can be reached at: musettanyc@aol.com.

Edited by DutchMuse (log)

I suppose posting in the New York forum would be a good idea. Another online resource to try is craigslist.com

You could also enroll at the California School of Culinary Arts, Le Cordon Bleu Program and join The French Connection. It's a French language, history and culinary terms club. I hear that the school's beloved and most popular instructor Chef Zadi is leading it, so a waitlist is possible. He will be using Ducasse's book as a teaching tool.

I'll stop joking and bantering. Perhaps you can contact the French Culinary Institute? Beginning pay for instructors isn't that great, so some look for extra income.

Edited by touaregsand (log)

Thanks much for the helpful thoughts. The NY forum though is for restaurants, isn't it?

Yes, but not only restaurants: "Restaurants, Cuisine, and Travel."

Edited by Pan (log)

Michael aka "Pan"