• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Late night eats

HexiumVII

My friends and I like to go out late at night and wondering if you guys know any places to get some nice eats. One of my favorate is this pizza truck across Safeway next to UH. They open till about 2am and have great pizza. Its square with a nice garlicy crust and pepperoni thats fried seperately.

Panda's a great recommendation - I'd forgotten they were open that late.

Other 24-hour spots that come to mind are Liliha Bakery and New Diners Drive-in in Kalihi, next to the post office on North King, just across the parking lot from Kiawe Grill. I'm not sure if New Diners has new owners or something but the food is much better than I remember. You'll eat really well, really cheaply - a burger is something like $3.50, throw in fries and a drink and you're barely going to hit $5.

If you have big bucks to burn and aren't wearing shorts and slippers, The Bistro at Century Center is open until 2am with a late night menu that includes their French Onion soup for $8 and a handful of other dishes all in the under $20 price range. The parking is validated and easy, so there's a plus.

"Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." TMJ Jr. R.I.P.

Back when I used to stay out late (late being relative, my definition is after midnight) my friends and I would often be hungry at the end of the night. We often would go to Like Like Drive-inn, Liliha Bakery, Sorabol, Millions, Eggs'n Things, Wailana Coffee House and if we were up late enough we would go to Mitsuba or Mitsuken.

Out of these my favorites are Liliha Bakery, Eggs'n Things and Mitsuba/Mitsuken.

Liliha bakery has such character. I love seeing my food grilled right in front of me.

Eggs'n Things has great breakfast food.

Mitsuken has that awesome $2 breakfast special.

Btw please don't mention Jippy's as I really dislike the whole chain. :hmmm::laugh:

user posted image

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but Akasaka has great sushi as well as other Japanese dishes and is open till 2am. It's across the street from 24 Hour Fitness off of Kapiolani, kind of tucked away behind those adult entertainment places.