• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rogue's rum

Ed Hamilton

I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it. It is only available in two Washington liquor stores (1 Union Square in Seattle) and Snohomish.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

• 3 weeks later...

rogue.jpg

This bottle's a bit different from the one elswinger posted--kind of difficult to photograph, too, as the front label is clear plastic, but the back label is paper, so you see the blue paper with white print behind the image on the front (if that makes sense). Still Jean Lafitte on the label, though.

I just bought this at the liquor store on Lower Queen Anne (Seattle) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm trying to figure out the best use for it. I've done a side-by-side tasting (neat) with Bacardi & Myers Platinum, just to help me figure out where it stands flavor-wise, and I've also mixed it in an El Presidente, to see how it stands up to the cocktail treatment (answer: quite well, thank you).

If you're curious, I'm documenting my trials with this rum (along with just about everything else in my liquor cabinet) on my very young blog, the cocktail chronicles. It's still kind of sparse, but I'm adding more as time goes by.

Paul

Paul Clarke

Seattle

The Cocktail Chronicles

Thanks, the first picture is the label I saw at Hi Time in Costa Mesa, CA. I'm salivating at the opportunity to taste some of this one. I expect there to be several more small batch rums coming to the market in the coming year.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

• 2 months later...

I just found a bottle of Rogue white rum and a bottle of 10 cane rum ( white and from Tinidad ) at my local Southern California Bev and More store. I haven't tried any yet....what am I waiting for?? Bev and More has been slowly improving their rum selection, I've seen Barrilito 3 star there lately.

My sister just returned from Sint Maartin and brought me back some goodies...Clement Rhum Vieux, St. James Rhum Blanc Agricole, Ma Doudou Punch. and some El Dorado from Guyana ( not Demerara I'm afraid ).

I recently ran across a bottle of Rogue's Rum and wish I had a picture of the clear labeled bottles.  Has anyone seen or tasted this rogue spirit?

Photos already posted here.

The rum is available at HiTimes Liquour in Costa Mesa, CA the price is noted below.. :cool:

Rum > DOMESTIC > ROGUE WHITE RUM 750

Price: $25.99

Stock Status: In Stock