• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Bicycle Lee

The father of a family friend dines at the Laundry nearly every month and told her that Keller was planning to sell the restaurant.... Now, I'm not one to believe rumors, so I wanted to ask here first....IS IT TRUE? ANYONE KNOW THE TRUTH?

thanks

"Make me some mignardises, &*%$@!" -Mateo

I talked with Thomas in March and he (obviously) made no mention of it as something like this he would hold close to his vest. And I'm just a culinary peon so why whould he pass that information along to me?. :biggrin: However, we did discuss his plans for opening a hotel across the street from The French Laundry (something we first chatted about in October of 2000 when he told me of his dream for opening a hotel of the same caliber as The French Laundry). When I recently asked him about the progress he was making he said that the Napa Valley water right permit takes six years to obtain. This was initiated in early 2000. He said that the construction will begin in 2006 and the hotel will open in 2008.

With this next business phase about to occur in his life I do not believe he would be selling at this time.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

I talked with Thomas in March and he (obviously) made no mention of it as something like this he would hold close to his vest. And I'm just a culinary peon so why whould he pass that information along to me?. :biggrin: However, we did discuss his plans for opening a hotel across the street from The French Laundry (something we first chatted about in October of 2000 when he told me of his dream for opening a hotel of the same caliber as The French Laundry). When I recently asked him about the progress he was making he said that the Napa Valley water right permit takes six years to obtain. This was initiated in early 2000. He said that the construction will begin in 2006 and the hotel will open in 2008.

With this next business phase about to occur in his life I do not believe he would be selling at this time.

this is the correct motorcycle. :wink: