• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

4th eGullet Dinner - Thai

=Mark

There is an addition of one lady, Nancee, from the ChileHead Mailing list.

I talked to Rich at the restaurant today and he informed me that the Liquor store that is closest to the restaurant is owned by a cranky old guy who only stays open until he gets tired, and that Sunday in Summertime is particularly tiring, so you might want to lug your particular choice of BYO in.

Looks like we are 18 people.

As we added 3 more folks since I chose the appetizers I added a course of Spring Rolls to the appy listing. I also specified that 2 of the 3 Mussel appetizers be mild and one be medium.

There is no problem with 18 to 20 folks from ordering off the menu, so these fears may be laid to rest (Is that layed? I can never figure that out, one is obscene... :shock: )

Looking forward to seeing you all!

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Any last minute  Thai diners are welcome.

I asked folks at ChefsTable.com, ChileHeads and FoodWine and only got one response.

Their loss!

=Mark

Final Info and Reminder:

The basic info is:

4th eGullet NJ Dinner at

Mie Thai

34 Main St.

Woodbridge, NJ 07095

Phone: 732-596-9400

5:10pm Sunday 30 June, 2002

$30 per person includes Appetizer, Soup, Entree, Fruit Sorbet, soft drinks, tax and gratuity.

$$ to be collected at beginning of meal, exact change appreciated.

==============================================

Appetizers (Since we now have 19 people I added Por Pier Tod appy) will be served Family Style and will include:

Satay - Skewared slices of meat with a peanut dipping sauce Choice of chicken, pork or beef. Choose one or one of each?

Por Pier Tod - House Spring Rolls stuffed with ground pork, mixed vegetables and bean thread noodles fried golden brown and served with sweet and sour dipping sauce.

Hoy Joa - Golden fried crab sausages wrapped in Rice Paper served with Sweet & Sour Plum Sauce

Goong Tod - Fried Shrimp flavored with herbs and wrapped in rice paper and served with Plum Sauce

Dumplings stuffed with Ground Pork and vegetables served with spicy ginger sauce (Half steamed, half fried)

Hoy Kra Prow - Steamed New Zealand Mussels in a Thai basil and chili sauce. This is the only appetizer where heat is an issue, will get 2 mild and one medium.

Soups and Entrees will be ordered individually off the menu, entrees may also be shared. Meal wil be wrapped up with a selection of fruit sorbets.

Restaurant is BYO and is located right next to Woodbridge Train Station (A consideration on a Summer Sunday evening, I'll be arriving by train).

NJ Transit Train Schedules

Updated Attendance list:

Jason & Rachel

Rosie and Lowell

Rail Paul & Dee

Me and a Guest

Nina and guest

Alan and Sandy

KimWB

Paul Brodsky and Michael Folan

Carol and Bill Z

Jon Lurie

Nancee Gell

Let me know what I've left out or mistaken so I can correct it! :wacko:

=Mark

Mark, I sent you an email last night, guess it never got to you. Anyhow, I was unsure at the time if I could make it and was wondering if letting you know this AM would be too late to respond. But it's a moot point because other commitments have come up. Hope everyone has a great time!

Mark, I sent you an email last night, guess it never got to you.  Anyhow, I was unsure at the time if I could make it and was wondering if letting you know this AM would be too late to respond.  But it's a moot point because other commitments have come up.  Hope everyone has a great time!

It would have been doable, but alas as you say it is moot. :unsure:

=Mark

It went well. Did everyone enjoy the Turley that I brought?? Too bad Tommy. We did miss you but it

gave us an opportunity to talk about you all evening. :biggrin:

Thank you =Mark for planning the evening. Had a great time and food was super. I'll let everyone post about the food. I had chicken chow mein and Lowell had wonton soup.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE