• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NA beer

Soup

Gave up drinking 9 years ago. I love beer and don't really love sodas. I've been drinking non-alcholic beers as a substitute. What are your favarite NA beers?

BTW, I still get carded buying NA beers in VA.

Soup

I really wish I could help you with this, but I can't. I've never tasted a NA beer. I do admire someone who loves beer and gives up alcohol. Congrats! Hopefully someone else will be able to comment on favorite NA beers.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

BTW, I still get carded buying NA beers in VA. 

Getting carded might have to do with the fact that NA beer still has alcohol, albeit 1% or less, usually about 0.5%.

That said, Haake Beck wasn't bad.

-- Jeff

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

I had a roommate that quite drinking a few years ago - Ditto on the Haake Beck from me. Out of all the ones we tried that tasted the best. Must be SUPER COLD!

I've never tried a NA beer I thought was good. not surprising as beer gets a lot of it's flavour through the fermentation. NA beers are generally severely under-hopped too.

ns

There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves - Fergus Henderson