• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Design the shirt for the Pig Pickin!

Mayhaw Man

Fresser, folks are thinking about you, but no one's come up with a graphic for you yet.  Someone did submit the following in your honor:

gallery_137_1349_3058.jpg

This is what they had to say about your suggestion:

Seeing that you're calling for someone to help Fresser

out with his idea, I figured I'd take a stab at it...

The idea is great, but drawing a pig driving a Caddy,

with a grill and all that -- it's a great idea, but

hard to draw, or hard to design if you will. So I

kinda simplified it.

Someone up to the challenge???

Now we're getting somewhere!

Thanks, o Anonymous Artist--that's a pretty good rendition of a toque-clad piggy. Now if we just drop Porky into a Cadillac or VW Beetle-esque convertible and put eGullet.org on the license plate, we've got something.

Has anyone tried searching Google for images of these cars? We could do a nice cut 'n paste job.

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

im trying to post an image but im not sure how, do i need to upload it to the egullet website?

The complexity of flavor is a token of durable appreciation. Each Time you taste it, each time it's a different story, but each time it's not so different." Paul Verlaine

the front

-------------------------

gallery_26465_772_27120.jpg

the back

-------------------------

gallery_26465_772_50432.jpg

here's my entry

Edited by ChefSwartz (log)

The complexity of flavor is a token of durable appreciation. Each Time you taste it, each time it's a different story, but each time it's not so different." Paul Verlaine

We have a winner, folks. After lots of thoughtful consideration, the Varmint Family has selected the following submission to be the "official" t-shirt of Varmint's 2nd Occasional Pig Pickin'.

FRONT

gallery_137_1349_12168.jpg

BACK

gallery_137_1349_9652.jpg

And the winner is . . . . . our own Dave the Cook Scantland. Now because he is part of the eGullet Society management, Dave is not eligible for prizes. Therefore, our second place contestant will take home the booty, including 2 free admissions to the Pig Pickin' and 2 t-shirts (or 2 t-shirts and a 6-pack of Blenheim's Ginger Ale if he can't make it). The recipient of these fine parting gifts go to Tim Oliver ("toliver"). Tim, let us know your gift preferences.

Here are pictures of Tim's entry.

FRONT

gallery_137_1349_5983.jpg

BACK

gallery_137_1349_28450.jpg

We'll be getting a post up shortly about how you can order your own eGullet Society Varmint's Pig Pickin' T-shirt. Thanks everyone for your great entries. This was a lot of fun. And Fresser, maybe it's time for you to start learning some computer graphics!!!

Thanks, y'all!

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

• 3 weeks later...