• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Ont. Fish at Riverdale

I heard this morning that there will be a new fishmonger at the Riverdale Market, Tuesday afternoons. The name is something like 'Turtles', and they come from Georgian Bay. I hope they show up at Dufferin Grove, as well, as it is a better day (Thurs) for me.

Were they at Dufferin Grove? I couldn't get to either market this week, but I think I can get to St Lawrence tomorrow. Malcom, the pickerel sound great as you describe it.

I'm hoping they have smelt, but these have to be very fresh, and I may make an excursion to Lake Erie north shore.

No pickeral today, dammit!! (No smelt either jayt90) But I did get some wonderful fiddleheads, chard, wild leeks, white radishes and some sheeps milk cheese and yogourt. Mmmmm.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

Ewenity. Haven't tried it yet, probably tonight. Yogourt for breakfast was wonderful.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

brebis for breakfast wasn't too shabby either

they were out of yoghurt by the time i got there (after 6)

"There never was an apple, according to Adam, that wasn't worth the trouble you got into for eating it"

-Neil Gaiman