• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stephen Terry

Good call. I know he was at The Restaurant, Hyde Park Hotel but I didn't realise he was at Harvey's.

Richard Neat is another one - he's in Moscow now. Possibly for a similar reason that Conrad Gallagher is in South Africa. They both like to travel, obviously.

Just googled Stephen Terry to see if any detials of his activities in Bath came up, but found this instead. Scroll down to the bit about Ready Steady Cook - Mr Rayner kept that very quiet didn't he? I wonder who won...

tragically I had to leave the country at very short (and bloody convenient) notice so couldn 't make it. Bet the bastards will get me this year...

Jay

I don't think Willliam Curley worked at Harveys. The only two pastry chefs were Patrick Whitfield and then Rodger Pizey. Richard Neat one time head chef at Harveys, now owns a hotel in Marakesh called Cassa Lalla. The other chefs that have not been listed already that I can recall working there are -

Simon Rogan - L'Enclume

Mick Lambie - Owns a restaurant in Australia

Donovan Cooke - Owns a restaurant in Australia

Lee Bunting

Tim Payne

Wayne Newsome - owns Dough in Leeds

I've also come across about 1 million other chefs who claimed to have worked there!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any more news on where Stephen is yet?

Has anyone been for a meal if he's opened up in Cardiff?

I went into a French restaraunt and asked the waiter, 'Have you got frog's legs?' He said, 'Yes,' so I said, 'Well hop into the kitchen and get me a cheese sandwich.'

Tommy Cooper

Mark Williams was the original Sous chef at Harveys back in 1987. He then returned to Harveys as Head Chef after MPW moved to Hyde Park but it didnt really work out.

Last I heard of Stephen was that he had bought (or was buying) a pub in Abergavenny.