• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Week suggestions (Hudson)

Tamara

We're preparing for summer Hudson Restaurant Week (scheduled 7/25-8/5) and wanted to find out some info from this group of well-versed diners, restauranteurs, etc.

Did any one try it out in the winter?

Any restaurants we should solicit stronger?

Comments/Suggestions?

We learned a lot the first time around and hope to keep building a stronger program.

Any comments/suggestions please post or feel free to contact me directly!

Tamara

tamara@getouthudson.com

Hudsonrestaurantweek.com

Coming this summer: 7/25 - 8/5

Because it is summer we're going to try to make it more festive... with afterwork happy hours and drink specials to get people to stay later and then dine out.

We also have a stronger marketing plan with more advertising outside the Hudson area and a longer timeframe which we didn't have the opportunity for the first-time around.

We're also hoping to have more restaurants and the restaurants that do participate to offer a greater variety of dishes.

There are some other ideas that we are still tossing around to be revealed over the next few weeks.

Tamara

Hudsonrestaurantweek.com

Coming this summer: 7/25 - 8/5

• 3 months later...

Just got an email saying that a handful of restaurants that particpated are extending Hudson Restaurant Week until 8/31.

The list:

3 Forty Grill: Hoboken (LD; Sun-Th)

4Fifty5: Jersey City (LD; Mon- Fri)

Casa Dante: Jersey City (LD; Mon-Fri)

Hearts & Horns: Jersey City (LD; Mon-Fri)

Komegashi:* Jersey City (D; Mon-Fri)

Ola: Union City (LD; Mon-Fri)

The Pointe: Jersey City (LD; Mon-Fri)

The Quays: Hoboken (D; Sun-Th)

South City Grill: Jersey City (LD; Sun-Th)

Spirito Grill: Weehawken (D; Sun-Wed)

Trinity: Hoboken (LD; Mon-Fri)

Meals offered: L=Lunch, D=Dinner

More info at the HRW web site, where they also want feedback if you ate at any of the restaurants during the promo.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I don't know about the rest of jersey, but business seems to be dead in these parts. I guess that's the reason for the extension. Which is a good thing for the consumer. We ate at Porto Leggero (too bad they didn't extend) and had an incredible lunch for $15 each. It was normal portions of salad, pasta or chicken entree and dessert. A BIG thanks to Tamara for organizing this.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully they'll get 'em up on the site...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."