• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baking Recipes to Send to the Military

sasha

Just checked out the K9 website, SB...nice idea! Looks like I'll be baking for a four-legged hero as well.

highchef- thanks for posting the praline recipe. Please send me your favorite praline recipe. I'll send both and hopefully my soldier will report back with the crumbling status of each.

K- i'm interested in baking pecan minis and the peanut butter cookies. It looks like you have the tried and true versions for both. Please post the recipes! I figure the pecan pie would go well with the Thanksgiving festivities. Have you tried baking them with a layer of chocolate in between the pecan layer and crust? The pecan layer would hopefully keep the chocolate from leaking out, and the heat would melt the chocolate to make the dessert nice and gooey. I'm thinking about doing this, but don't know if this is a good idea.

"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful"

- e e cummings