• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Arey

Arey

On 4/19/2018 at 2:16 AM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I've never seen a ramp in the store or in the ground.  I believe they don't exist.

They were for sale this week here for almost $10.00 a pound for a small bunch.  The prospect of paying a lot for a small bunch of greenery that was going to cook down to next to nothing didn't excite me.  Especially since I had done just that for dandelions a week or two ago and ended up deciding that the best part of the dish was the bacon bits.

Arey

Arey

On 4/19/2018 at 2:16 AM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I've never seen a ramp in the store or in the ground.  I believe they don't exist.

They were for sale this week here for almost $10.00 a pound for a small bunch.  The prospect of paying a lot for a small bunch of greenery that was going to cook down to next to nothing didn't excite me.  Especially since I had done just that for dandelions a week or two and ended up deciding that the best part of the dish was the bacon.