• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 12:00 PM, gfweb said:

I just ordered some plants on ebay.  Other than planting in a moist deciduous forest, any body have any tips on culture?

The first ones I ever got came from eBay as well. Shortly after that transaction, I got a little yellow card telling me there was a package to be picked up at the post office. I took the card to work with me the next day and stopped in on the way home. I handed the nice lady my yellow card and after a brief moment, her overall demeanor changed, as she almost snapped at me, saying "Oh, we  delivered that package!!"

When I got home, I saw that delivery had consisted of someone driving up the driveway and throwing the box onto the middle of the front lawn, a considerable distance from the drive. The box had quite a few "ventilation" holes punched in it and apparently, the folks at the post office did not approve of the effect that had on their work space.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 12:00 PM, gfweb said:

I just ordered some plants on ebay.  Other than planting in a moist deciduous forest, any body have any tips on culture?

The first ones I ever got came from eBay as well. Shortly after that transaction, I got a little yellow card telling me there was a package to be picked up at the post office. I took the card to work with me the next day and stopped in on the way home. I handed the nice lady my yellow card and after a brief moment, her overall demeanor changed, as she almost snapped at me saying "Oh, we  delivered that package!!"

When I got home, I saw that delivery had consisted of someone driving up the driveway and throwing the box onto the middle of the front lawn, a considerable distance from the drive. The box had quite a few "ventilation" holes punched in it and apparently, the folks at the post office did not approve of the effect that had on their work space.

HC