• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Open Late in Seattle Area?

The Palace Kitchen is currently my choice for late night eats. Anyoone else have any good reccomendations for me? I dislikee both Minnie's(bad food and bad service) and 13 Coins(not very good food and overpriced). The Flyish Fish is OK but has fallen off a bit lately.

I think I saw somewhere that Baguette Box is open until 2 a.m., but I could be wrong.  Via Tribunali is open that late, though, as is the Frites place down the street.

The Weekly's Dining Guide claims it isn't any longer (open till 3 a.m. that is.) And the ad in The Stranger says "11-8" 7 days a week.

My go-to place for late night is Pomodoro on Eastlake, one of Seattle's most underrated/underappreciated restaurants IMO. They serve until 2 AM on the weekend and until midnight during the week.

Another good option is The Capitol Club.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

My go-to place for late night is Pomodoro on Eastlake, one of Seattle's most underrated/underappreciated restaurants IMO.  They serve until 2 AM on the weekend and until midnight during the week.

Oooh! I used to love going to Pomodoro after chorus rehearsal when I used to live in Seattle.

I'll vote for the I.D. also.

Sea Garden serves until 3 at least on weekends and is damn good, if a little inconsistent lately. Walking around down there doesn't make me uncomfortable and it's possible to come across some cool things open at that hour. If you are timid you can drive down all of the streets until you see a bunch of cars lining the curb, then park and head in to whatever place is busy.

It can be a long way from the rest of the late night action sometimes, but freeway access is cake with north or south I-5 right there, as well as an easy connection to I-90. If you don't have a Mai Tai at 1:45 you should be safely home in no time.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

I'd take Stella's in the U-District over Pomodoro if you want late, inexpensive Italian. Stella's used to be open 24 hours, but I think that's been cut back to 2am Friday and Saturday, 11pm on other nights.

They start serving breakfast-y items when it gets late -- fritatta, gypsy toast (mmm...) and the like, but they still have the pastas and regular dinner items, too.

The Asian restaurants in the international district stay open until about 2am on weekdays.

Well .. as a long-time resident of close-to-the-ID 'hoods, I can say this is not really true. In fact, you can roll in late looking for food and find none, sometimes. Best to check ahead and see if your favorite spot is open.

Richard W. Mockler

Seattle

I will, in fact, eat anything once.