• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maraschino Liq. in Washington State

rmockler

Desperate to try the Avaiation, based on forum descriptions. But can't seem to find ANY brand of maraschino liqueur available per the dreaded WA State Liquor Control Board web inventory. (Well, not true: one store in Spokane, 200 miles away, has 4 bottles of Maraska.)

Anyone else know if it's available at all in Seattle? If not, is there anything even close to try in its place? (Doesn't seem like it .. but you never know.)

Richard W. Mockler

Seattle

I will, in fact, eat anything once.

Head down to Zig Zag Cafe on the Pike Place Hillclimb, and ask Murray, Ben, or Kacey to make you one. :)

They might also have a lead on where to get maraschino retail, but almost certainly they get theirs from the downtown wholesale Liquor Store.

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Head down to Zig Zag Cafe on the Pike Place Hillclimb, and ask Murray, Ben, or Kacey to make you one. :)

They might also have a lead on where to get maraschino retail, but almost certainly they get theirs from the downtown wholesale Liquor Store.

~A

Excellent! I will .. and thanks.

Richard W. Mockler

Seattle

I will, in fact, eat anything once.