• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

No Soup for you!

DarkDante

I guess this was just a matter of time, but I find it pretty surprising -- he goes from an idiosyncratic one-location storefront in midtown to the emblem of a corporation planning on selling instant soups and opening up 1,000 locations within a year. I wonder if the original location can keep its high quality standards even a little. I'm interested to see how this pans out.

More info, from Yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/soup_nazi;_ylt=...HVjBHNlYwNtcA--

I still find 8 ounces of soup for $10, even with fruit and chocolate, to be obscenely expensive for chain-level takeout food.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I don't know if this was posted anywhere else here on eGullet, (if so I apologize)!

Sainfeld's Soup Nazi is getting ready to open a chain of his own starting soon, with the first location in New Jersey.

Found this story interesting.....

Eric

Admin note: merged thread with pre-existing thread in New York forum.

There was a joke about this on SNL last night.. It was something like, " the guy made famous by the Seinfeld Episodes will now be launching a hundred chain store through out the country." "Way to strike while the iron is hot guy" Pretty funny.

The article quoted someone who "recently" bought a cup of soup from the Manhattan location. He's not open again, is he? I stopped schlepping up there to check months ago. His website hasn't changed.

I could go for a good cup o' soup right now....