• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coke in mini-glass bottles

Anyone know where I can purchase Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite etc. in the curvy, old fashioned style glass bottles?

I need them for an office meeting next week. I don't need cases & cases, maybe a dozen or even one case (24?) or so of each.

Any markets/stores in the Gramercy/Flatiron area would be ideal...

Thanks!

I think I saw them at Tehuitzingo Deli and Grocery (on 10th Avenue, between 47th and 48th streets) while I was there checking out their tacos. You can ask others on <a href="http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=65141" target="_blank">this thread</a> if anyone else recalls seeing them. I believe they were in the back left refrigerated case near the Mexican soft drinks in glass bottles.

Yeah, I find that Hispanic markets carry these much more often than regular grocery stores. If you're willing to trek uptown, maybe some C-Towns in East Harlem or Washington Heights might have them, as well as small Hispanic markets? If you're willing to head to Inwood, there are a few markets on 207th St. that might be useful.

a little out of the city but the Exxon station on Rt 17 South in Allendale/Saddle River had cases and cases this morning

:blink:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I think a lot of of people love the little bottle. I too am a huge fan.

In DC you can get them in most grocery stores but a 6 pack cost $4 or 5 bucks, significantly more than coke in other packages.

As for the coke in small bottles, the question is why? Some of my friends swear they taste better. I'm not sure. Does it test better or is it marketing and it all in our heads?

Any insights?

BTW, does coke have different formulations in other countries. I've had coke in Korea and I would swear that it tasted different.

Soup

I buy Coca-Cola in the old-fashioned glass bottle at Costco. I really don't think it tastes much different, it's just a more elegant serving method for a single glass of Coke, and the right size for 2-3 mixed drinks that contain Coke, if guests want them. I don't drink them much myself, they're mostly around for guests.

Soup: There's a thread somewhere about Mexican Coke (Pepsi, etc) -- the difference is that they (probably) use cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

I saw them in a Cracker Barrell resturant on the interstate. I'm sure there's one near you somewhere. didn't see how much they were though. I'm sure you could get them through the coke distributer there if you want a large quantity.

I saw them in Sam's Club yesterday.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!