• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Weekend Brunch in NJ

dodge621

I've been told that the Sunday brunch at the Clinton Inn in Tenafly is supposed to be very nice. I havent tried it yet.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I have never been to either for brunch. But I have been to Amanda's many times for dinner and think that it is a charming restaurant that serves very good, beautifully presented food. If  you go to Amanda's ask for Jeff as your waiter. I haven't been to the  The Brass Rail for dinner.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I suggest considering Arthur's Landing in Weehawken at the Port Imperial ferry dock. Very upscale, good size portions and the food was excellent when we went. $30 each before tax and tip included one Bloody Mary, Screwdriver or Mimosa (I think that was the choice but I don't drink so can't really recall), starter, entree with side and dessert with choice of coffee or tea. Really nice room with floor to ceiling windows with an incredible view of the NYC skyline. You must park in a pay lot but they validate your parking.  There's usually a jazz combo playing.

I've been to Blue Sky in Montclair and was not overly impressed. The food was fine and a bit more interesting than the usual brunch fare but at $25 each I didn't see real value. The brunch at Arthur's was a meal I could expect to pay that much for (or more) at any NYC restaurant at lunch or dinner.

Haven't been to the Short Hills Hilton for their brunch but have a friend with well developed tastes who says it's truly amazing and very good.

The Mason Jar just off of Rt. 17 in Mahwah has a great brunch.  

I heard that Il Lemoncello (sp?) in fort Lee has a good one also.

We often go to Moon in Westwood for breakfast on Sundays.  Not a buffet brunch, but very good food.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

Shugga thanks I will try Moon

Shugga - have you been to many of the other places in Westwood

I recently went to the newly opened Hanada - pretty good, but have not tried Chengdu or Raku. Any comments on these or other places good in Westwood.

Hubby likes steak and potatoes.  He's not into trying new foods.  We have been to the Backstreet Cafe in Westwood.  It was very good.  We also have been to a party that they catered.

There is a pubby place that we went to a while ago (finnegan's sounds familiar) that was OK.

And if you have a dog that needs grooming, Westwood Pets does a great job.  Of course I'm prejudiced, my son, Patrick is the groomer!

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde