• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Casa Bacardi Limited Edition Rum

Dan Lestrud

A friend of mine bought a bottle of "Casa Bacardi" "Limited Edition Rum" last week. It was dusty and sitting at the back of the shelf hidden by other bottles of rum. Neither he or I have seen any information on this rum and would like to know more about it and if it's still available(which I doubt).

It is called "Casa Bacardi" "Limited Edition Rum" "8 Years Old". It has a hand written date of "10/25/97" and hand written number "4,095 of 10,000". It is in a 750ml square decanter style container and says it is a product of the Bahamas. He paid about $50.00 for it.

Can anyone tell me anything about this rum and if Bacardi still offers limited edition rums for sale.

I had some today and it is very good rum.

Thanks, Dan

A friend of mine bought a bottle of "Casa Bacardi"  "Limited Edition Rum" last week. It was dusty and sitting at the back of the shelf hidden by other bottles of rum. Neither he or I have seen any information on this rum and would like to know more about it and if it's still available(which I doubt).

It is called "Casa Bacardi"  "Limited Edition Rum"  "8 Years Old".  It has a hand written date of "10/25/97" and hand written number "4,095 of 10,000". It is in a 750ml square decanter style container and says it is a product of the Bahamas. He paid about $50.00 for it.

Can anyone tell me anything about this rum and if Bacardi still offers limited edition rums for sale.

I had some today and it is very good rum.

Thanks, Dan

Not sure, but seeing as Bacardi 8 was introduced around 1999ish, Casa Bacardi may simply have been part of an earlier test blend to see if there was a market for an 8 year old Bacardi.

Actually Bacardi 8 was introduced before 1998 and the Casa Bacardi was indeed a limited edition. Today the Bacardi 8 is distilled in the Bahamas as was the original Casa Bacardi.

Unfortunately, this newer Bacardi 8 isn't quite as nice as the previous blend.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.