• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicago Whisky Fest

Did anyone go to Chicago Whisky Fest?

I just recovered from Whisky Fest. What a great time around great people. The presentation between Fred Noe and Richard Paterson was the highlight for me. These guys are more entertaining that Penn and Teller (and sometimes more scathing). They must be great friends, because they're both still alive.

I was great to have the opportunity to try out so many great whiskies. There may be some changes to the menu at work.

Bottom line however, is that I really enjoyed being around the people there (maybe having a buzz helped). Everyone there was relaxed and friendly. All the master distillers there were great. Just a bunch of down to earth guys who love what they do and are great at it.

I may have to make myself a Manhattan... or maybe a Rob Roy.

Cheers!

Have you had your Vitamartinis today?