• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

15 Ria

Al_Dente

I haven't been in probably three years, but I do remember liking my meal quite a bit. How's that for helpful advice?

I'm sure someone else has been more recently and actually remembers what they ate.

Bill Russell

I haven't been in probably three years, but I do remember liking my meal quite a bit.  How's that for helpful advice?

I'm sure someone else has been more recently and actually remembers what they ate.

Have been nine months ago and remember not being impressed. Nothing particularly objectionable but nothing notable, either. A serviceable choice, I suppose.

Resident Twizzlebum

Haven't been in almost a year --stayed at the hotel for our wedding night last May.

Liked it a lot at the time but like Corduroy and DC Coast, it's just enough out of the way that it seems to get bumped off the list of places to go eat.

The roasted chicken was quite nice as I recall.

Didn't I read that the Chef is leaving to start her own place on 17th Street?

Jennifer

Jennifer

Funny you should mention that. Today I was gawking at the application for an alcoholic beverage licence posted on this cute little brick unit, freshly painted in royal purple trim...

when out popped Jamie Leeds. She told me the new place is going to be an oyster bar called Hang's Oyster Bar and that it's set to open May 15th. The space is located at 17th and Q Streets, next to Trios.

Hope to hang at Hang's.

Edited by morela (log)

I have been there about 5 times, but not in the year or so (I used to live very close by). I found the food to range between good and excellent (although previous chef), but the service was consistently ridiculously slow (in dining room, in bar, in lounge, on patio, and both in busy times and slow times). Despite my consistent enjoyment of the food and the extremely close proximity to my apartment, I had to stop going for that reason alone.

... management company pulled out, too.

Well, in that case, I think I'll do a little cuisinus interuptus and go elsewhere.

Hmmm...

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Jennifer

Funny you should mention that. Today I was gawking at the application for an alcoholic beverage licence posted on this cute little brick unit, freshly painted in royal purple trim...

when out popped Jamie Leeds. She told me the new place is going to be an oyster bar called Hang's Oyster Bar and that it's set to open May 15th. The space is located at 17th and Q Streets, next to Trios.

Hope to hang at Hang's.

Is it Hang's or Hank's?

If he is thin, I will probably dine poorly. If he is both thin and sad, the only hope is in flight.”

Fernand Point

Cirrcle Bistro, Potato Peeler

I think it's Hank's (little bit of discussion here.. Jamie Leeds was still there when I ate there last week (or was it 2 weeks ago? taking advantage of the beginnings of the nice weather). Service was slow on the patio. I had some quite yummy roast pig with mac&cheese. Friend was pleased with her salmon.

I did notice the web page is nowhere to be found now though.

Back when Chef Jaime ran the ship there, I loved her daily specials. I remember a delectable braised pork shank that was particularly appealing. And I liked the market sides concept--those were always fresh, creative and delicious.

It used to be one of my favorite restaurants, although I haven't been since all the changes took place. And my opinion is based solely on their vegetarian options.

Also, they had amazing mixed drinks, with fresh fruit. Sad to hear that things aren't the same now...

I only ate there during Restaurant Week and everything was done right but not better. I remember mainly that my salad actually had shredded cheese on top -- not a crime, and not bad cheese, but when contrasted with a similar salad I had at Corduroy where the delectable goat cheese was somehow smoothed out on the plate and tangy and perfect... 15 ria lacked the spark.

Cooking and writing and writing about cooking at the SIMMER blog

Pop culture commentary at Intrepid Media

I've been there twice, and didn't like it - my main thought was that it is the hoteliest hotel bar to ever bar.

So true. While I remember my one meal there (admittedly about 18 months ago) as "fine," I did feel like I was still in a hotel lobby. Pretty bland space.