• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mixologist

DrinkBoy

Ok, so this is a bit of a shameless plug, but we (The Museum of the American Cocktail) have just published our first book, and I'd like to let you all know about it (and give you a chance to purchase a copy... :-)

We plan on publishing a new volume each year, in this, our first volume, the chapters are:

A Brief History of Punch

David Wondrich

The Rise and Fall of the Martini

Robert Hess

History and Character of the Gimlet

Paul Clarke

The Genealogy and Mythology of the Singapore Sling

Ted “Dr. Cocktail” Haigh

The Bellini

Lowell Edmunds

If You Like Piña Coladas

Jared Brown

Antoine Amedee Peychaud

Phil Greene

Down to the Sea in Ships

Anistatia Miller

The Definitive Guide to Simple Syrup

Darcy O’Neil

Twenty-First Century Cocktails

Audrey Saunders

The Long and Winding Road

Gary Regan

...hopefully you've heard of at least a few of those name :->

You can get more information, and... oh yeah... purchase a copy, at:

http://www.mixellany.com/

-Robert

Ok, so this is a bit of a shameless plug, but we (The Museum of the American Cocktail) have just published our first book, and I'd like to let you all know about it (and give you a chance to purchase a copy...

...You can get more information, and... oh yeah... purchase a copy, at:

http://www.mixellany.com/

-Robert

Jack Lord! The last thing I need is another cocktail book. Y'all are lucky I have no self-control...

One sold.

Kurt

“I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.” ~W.C. Fields

The Handy Snake

Will this bible be available in bookstores or just through the website?

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more." Proverbs 31: 6-7

Julia

• 1 year later...

Got the second volume of Mixologist: The Journal of the American Cocktail a few weeks ago and have sadly already finished it.

Some fantastic articles in there. Good insights and a dash of humor.

As a non-professional I was a little afraid some of the more bar-centric articles wouldn't have as much interest for me as the drink centric articles of the first issue. But, I really enjoyed Ryan Magarian's article about implementing cruise ship bar programs and Dale DeGroff's piece about building the perfect bar.

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA

Got the second volume of Mixologist: The Journal of the American Cocktail a few weeks ago and have sadly already finished it.

Some fantastic articles in there.  Good insights and a dash of humor....

Word. Guess I got mine about a month ago and finished it, oh, about a month ago. I meant to post a rave but apparently forgot to do so.

In a nutshell, you may be a cocktail geek if you find that a book with an article about ice is a real page-turner and you feel a little disappointed when you reach the last page.

Kurt

“I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.” ~W.C. Fields

The Handy Snake