• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Professional pastry pictures

ohmyganache

Everybody likes to see pictures... I know I do. It keeps my battery charged, if you will. Pictures inspire me with new ideas for flavors, garnish, presentation, etc... So I'll start posting interesting pictures from work if people would like that.

I'll start out with a few from this week...

Strawberry_Pistachio_Crepe_04.JPG

This is a strawberry pistachio crepe I put on Sunday brunch. It's got a pistachio bavarois and diced strawberries inside.

Banquet_Plate_Up.JPG

Here is a chocolate tart with coffee cream plate up for 400. It took two people about an hour and a half to do.

Larry_Flynt_Amenity_01.JPG

A chocolate amenity for a VIP guest. Guest Recognition wanted a TV theme, so I put this together.

Wedding_Cake_04.JPG

A wedding cake we did this past weekend. The florist was supposed to do a cake topper for it, but didn't... so we slapped some flowers from the table centerpieces on top. It didn't look quite right, but we didn't really have a choice. Oh well...

I hope everyone enjoys the pix...

Stephen W.

Pastry Chef/Owner

The Sweet Life Bakery

Vineland, NJ

Alright, here you go... again, some of my pics are from places I have worked, and some are from my personal workings. I hope you enjoy and are inspired.

gallery_23382_1074_128519.jpg

Lemon Curd Crepe with Lemon Sabayon, Ginger Meyer Lemon Marmalade, Poppy Shortbread Cookies

gallery_23382_1074_11591.jpg

Stewed Raspberries with Vanilla Panna Cotta Set in Caramelized Puff Pastry with Candied Lime Zest and Royal Icing Lid

gallery_23382_1074_59786.jpg

Kabob of Roasted Fruits with Broiled Guava Sabayon, Passion Fruit Sorbet

gallery_23382_1074_63083.jpg

Souffle of Calvados in a Gala Apple Shell, Calvados Sabayon, Apple Sorbet, Apple Crisp, Caramel Poached Dice of Apple

gallery_23382_1074_30481.jpg

Chocolate Trio- Chocolate Sorbet, Chocolate Tarte with Lemon-Thyme Sabayon, Chocolate Fondant Cake

gallery_23382_1074_30132.jpg

Caramel Trio- Caramel Poached Apple, Creme Caramel, Caramel Ice Cream (Might be Leche con Leche, I am not sure), Nougatine Crisp

Tonyy13

Owner, Big Wheel Provisions

tony_adams@mac.com

Tony, how I envy your students who are able to learn from you! The pictures are truly exquisite and the only thing I would have preferred is an actual, physical taste of each! Sensual, creative, sexy (your favorite descriptive word!) desserts to die for! Thanks for the display. :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Here's one of mine........

gallery_16916_1077_145482.jpg

This was one of about 5 pastry trays I did for a fundraiser to raise money for a Maritime center project. You can see what the theme is! From left to right:

White chocolate raspberry mousse "Life Rings"

Mini Gianduja "Anchor" cakes

Lemon Curd Meringue Tart "Sailboats"

Caramel Cream and Chocolate "Compass Roses"

I love themes. :wub::wub:

Here is a chocolate tart with coffee cream plate up for 400.  It took two people about an hour and a half to do.

Just out of curiosity, how many people were involved in the plating of the savory courses for those same 400 guests?

Chief Scientist / Amateur Cook

MadVal, Seattle, WA

Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code

Awesome photos everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to welcome you Ohmyganche to The eGullet Society For Arts & Letters! Wonderful first post, I hope to see alot more!

Tony13, I'd kill to have those plates to work on. Great job!!

I'll join in with some photos too when I'm done blogging next week.

Just out of curiosity, how many people were involved in the plating of the savory courses for those same 400 guests?

Oh the banquet side uses... I'd say... at least a dozen people. They get managers, room service, whoever to help plate up.

I'd love to see more pix... keep em coming!

Stephen W.

Pastry Chef/Owner

The Sweet Life Bakery

Vineland, NJ

some from the archives :

gallery_17466_458_60030.jpg

Chocolate and rosewater cheesecake, passion fruit marshmallow, passion fruit reduction, passion fruit shooter with chocolate foam, passion fruit sorbet and whole passion fruit syrup (that's a lot of passion fruit, I know) :)

gallery_17466_458_8022.jpg

Warm chocolate fondant, five-spice poached pineapple, honey ice cream, pineapple crisp.

gallery_17466_458_11619.jpg

Vanilla pannacotta, almond milk, espresso granita.

gallery_17466_458_6456.jpg

Tarte tatin, caramel sauce, calvados and sultana ice cream.

Allan Brown

"If you're a chef on a salary, there's usually a very good reason. Never, ever, work out your hourly rate."

Beautiful stuff, gang. Almost inspires me to work on my dessert presentation but, nah...I'm a breakfast pastry baker kind of gal. Are we limiting this to dessert or do breakfast pastries qualify? I've been taking a few shots at work with my new cell phone camera...is it possible to send that stuff to the computer and post it here? I'm sure I'll be charged up the kazoo for it!

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

Beautiful stuff, gang.  Almost inspires me to work on my dessert presentation but, nah...I'm a breakfast pastry baker kind of gal.  Are we limiting this to dessert or do breakfast pastries qualify?  I've been taking a few shots at work with my new cell phone camera...is it possible to send that stuff to the computer and post it here?  I'm sure I'll be charged up the kazoo for it!

I LOVE beautiful breakfast pastries! You should be able to transfer pics from your camera phone to the 'puter, but I don't have one, so don't quite know how. Hopefully the resolution will be high enough. :wink:

I LOVE beautiful breakfast pastries! You should be able to transfer pics from your camera phone to the 'puter, but I don't have one, so don't quite know how. Hopefully the resolution will be high enough. :wink:

Or, since my upstairs neighbors (and bestest of friends) are the most amazing photographers, I'll have one of them come down and shoot. Problem is, they start work at 10am -- after I've already put in eight hours!

Or, I bite the bullet and get myself a digital camera. :wacko:

kit

Weebl

The Food Network came to our hotel to film Sunday Brunch last week. Here are some shots of what we made, enjoy.

Assorted Individual Pastries

p4110031edited1small5gq.jpg

Lemon Praline Tart

p4110027edited1small8ld.jpg

Milk Chocolate Banana Passion Fruit Cake

p4110025edited1small8wb.jpg

Chocolate Coffee Mousse Dome

p4110023edited1small8ui.jpg

White & Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart

p4110022edited1small4hr.jpg

Exotic Chocolate Tart

p4110024edited1small4qe.jpg

Strawberry Pistachio Cheesecakes

p4110017edited1small3ph.jpg

Blackberry Apple Tart

p4110012edited1small6et.jpg

Milk Chocolate Pistachio Mousse Cake

p4110011edited1small6ln.jpg

White Chocolate Pistachio Apricot Cake

p4110016edited1small7ky.jpg

Mango Panna Cotta, Chocolate Panna Cotta with Saffron Anglaise & White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse

p4110003edited1small4lx.jpg

The Buffet

p4110028edited1small7hl.jpg

The Showpiece. There were 2 identical on each side.

p4110005edited1small9kv.jpg

Always speak your mind. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind.

How did you create those beautiful subtly shaded patterns on the top of the raspberry cake?

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

Airbrush and a hand cut stencil is my guess. Nice touch! Beautiful work!

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Gorgeous!

I'm particularly interested in the lemon praline tart. Is that a praline paste buttercream or pastry cream piped onto the lemon tart? It is so gorgeously smooth! And, if so, is it just almond praline or hazelnut/almond? I particularly love hazelnut and lemon together. :wub:

kit

Weebl

ah kitwilliams beat me to the same question. Can you tell us more about that lemon praline tart, please?????????

You guys are raising my blood pressure, this is like showing a junkie, crack (i think).......... it makes me want to work 24/7.

Inquiring minds want to know, "how do you do that"?

It's a mixture of cream, praline paste & gelatine. I have the exec chef's approval to post pix not recipes.

Always speak your mind. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind.