• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How about a good place to eat in Lodz Poland?

Actually, there are a number of restaurants in Lodz but I don't have much info on each of them ...

'ziemia obiecana': Eating in the "promised land"

'Restauracja Polska'

'Hortex'

'VaBank'

'Esplanada'

'Nad Lodka'

'U Chochola'

'Prohibicja'

click here for local restaurants in Lodz, Poland ...

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

• 2 weeks later...

One dinner at Figaro - an italian joint (my boss only eats italian). The service was typical (ok to be clear- typical is my own experience so I am sure it isn't always like that -Ive just been unlucky :blink: ) eastern european slapitinyourfacewithascowl.

The food was fine --- I don't even remember what I ate - no big wow's and no big icks therefore.

Lunch at the Ibis hotel- service as above- food as above.

Esplanada for dinner- service slightly better than above. The restaurant is very pretty. The first bottle of wine was corked - the waiter said " ok, I think youz right- itza smelling like the top, now what you wanna do??" ... well lets try another one of the same type. He was happy and the wine (Chilean) was fine.

The only memorable thing was a bowl of smashed up pig fat with some herbs and salt mixed in - spread on bread- that was good ( the boss loved it as long as he thought it was butter - when he found out it was lard he didn't like it anymore). Besides that the food was uneventful.