• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pistachio Buttercream

Dee

I really love pistachio paste it's great in lots of other pastries too. If you need help using up what you bought come back and we can talk further about that.

I just bought some pistachio paste and I'm wondering what else to use it for besides buttercream?

You can add pistachio paste to almost everything since it's oil based. I add it to items that I'm going to bake and items that aren't going to be baked. Add it to ganches both light and dark, any kind of mousse or bavarian (but it's nice with a vanilla), add it to plain cheesecake batter, add to cake batter (even a cake mix batter), add to creme brulee recipes (my favorite way to eat it), pastry cream recipes, blonde brownies, tea cake batter like petite almond cakes, add it to whip cream (before whipping), fondant, etc.........